The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MFB Dominion 1
Old 6th April 2013
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
MFB Dominion 1



available in summer 2013 --- more info soon
Old 6th April 2013
  #2
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Oh my. That's sexy.
Old 6th April 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Sweet, it looks very very interesting!
Old 6th April 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
danielb's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
wow...
Old 6th April 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
projectwoofer's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Looking forward to it...



...but what's a "tricky ARP/Sequencer" and "valuable knobs"?
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
danielb's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectwoofer View Post
Looking forward to it...



...but what's a "tricky ARP/Sequencer" and "valuable knobs"?
I think something got lost in translation...
Old 6th April 2013
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
harness's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years


just makes me want a Dominion 5 desktop even more
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
I think something got lost in translation...
my dictionary tells me that what i want to say
Old 6th April 2013
  #9
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Tricky suggests "hard to use" !

It looks good but gaps between the envelope slider sets would be preferable.
Old 6th April 2013
  #10
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
It looks really good! I know it is early, but do we have any idea of what kind of money is going to cost? (at least in what balllpark)
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Tricky suggests "hard to use" !

It looks good but gaps between the envelope slider sets would be preferable.
Indeed. I think the word might better being 'complex' (or could just be a trick arp!!)
Old 6th April 2013
  #12
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I wonder if this indicates, roughly, what the dominon 5 would look like.
Also, is there an estimated price tag on the dom1?
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #13
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
Indeed. I think the word might better being 'complex' (or could just be a trick arp!!)
indeed, tricky owns few meanings, complicated, complex and smart, i mean last one its easy to use and offers few more than sh-101 does.
Old 6th April 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
clusterchord's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
most intrigued by "next level SED filter with 12 modes".. bcs domx SED has combined topology.. 12/24 LP is SED, but all other modes were done by the edgier and somewhat colder MFB filter.


if this announcement means the SED circuit is now a full SVF, with both 12 and 24dB modes in LP/HP/BP/BR... that is indeed interesting. also i dig the sliders for envelopes to no end, and full 3 octave keyboard (instead of unusable 2 octaves on sub p and MB)



what i wonder is, have they taken care of those terrible clicks on their envelopes on dominion x. that problem alone made me almost completely lose interest for dominion, and i was excited about it for sure. also, wasnt terribly impressed by the shape of their envelopes either.
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #15
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
what i wonder is, have they taken care of those terrible clicks on their envelopes on dominion x. that problem alone made me almost completely lose interest for dominion, and i was excited about it for sure. also, wasnt terribly impressed by the shape of their envelopes either.
I was thinking the same thing - but this guy has mentioned the clicks are gone...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/8882324-post22.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/8889719-post25.html

Also Im wondering if part of the reason the envelope sometimes sounds a bit off - is maybe because the release is so fast - and people are setting it very fast which sounds naff...just an idea...
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
most intrigued by "next level SED filter with 12 modes".. bcs domx SED has combined topology.. 12/24 LP is SED, but all other modes were done by the edgier and somewhat colder MFB filter.


if this announcement means the SED circuit is now a full SVF, with both 12 and 24dB modes in LP/HP/BP/BR... that is indeed interesting. also i dig the sliders for envelopes to no end, and full 3 octave keyboard (instead of unusable 2 octaves on sub p and MB)



what i wonder is, have they taken care of those terrible clicks on their envelopes on dominion x. that problem alone made me almost completely lose interest for dominion, and i was excited about it for sure. also, wasnt terribly impressed by the shape of their envelopes either.
we work on software update for dom x because of the clicks ..
Old 6th April 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Oh Yes! This looks exciting! Nice to see faders and ribbons!

Price?
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #18
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripbeat View Post
we work on software update for dom x because of the clicks ..
how are the envelope shapes modelled? Digital envelope or similar to kraftzwerg/microzwerg?
Old 6th April 2013
  #19
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
This AND the 523? Man these guys are putting in work.
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #20
Deleted 38a4a95
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
Indeed. I think the word might better being 'complex' (or could just be a trick arp!!)
intricate is the word I would use here
but English isnt my 1st or 2nd language..

maybe it's a marketing trick, now everyone talks about the tricky, complex, intricate, ect, arp & sequencer
Old 6th April 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
asynchro_nous's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
tricky = "tricked out" ?
valuable = "high quality" ?

At any rate, best of luck with this tricky looking new 3 VCO synth
Old 6th April 2013 | Show parent
  #22
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
intricate is the word I would use here
but English isnt my 1st or 2nd language..

maybe it's a marketing trick, now everyone talks about the tricky, complex, intricate, ect, arp & sequencer
for sure, its a marketing trick we dont build instruments, we studied business and marketing .. yeah
keep u updated!
Old 6th April 2013
  #23
Lives for gear
 
asynchro_nous's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
The slider design looks fantastic!
Old 6th April 2013
  #24
Gear Nut
 
ephemera505's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Hope no one steals my Valuable knobs! That's a nice looking synth. 2013 will be a great year!
Old 7th April 2013
  #25
MAA
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Very nice looking synth. Saw it on my facebook page and wanted immediately w/o even having heard it yet.
Old 7th April 2013
  #26
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
That Southpark picture is really gross, but so appropriate.
Old 7th April 2013
  #27
messiaen
Guest
I had Β£ set aside for subphatty but now this........
Old 7th April 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Looks really cool, I just wish there was mod wheel/pitch bend wheels instead of pressure strips! I hate pressure strips:D
Old 7th April 2013
  #29
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
wonder what the price is gonna be...€1k would be nice but Im guessing a bit more...
Old 7th April 2013
  #30
Gear Nut
 
rad9k's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
this will make this thread view @ browser a little bit ****ed up but I think it is worth it





πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 104 views: 37159
Avatar for automating
automating 11th August 2016
replies: 512 views: 104063
Avatar for phonopsia
phonopsia 14th December 2020
replies: 76 views: 5186
Avatar for jm2c
jm2c 18th November 2020
replies: 587 views: 86220
Avatar for sentokan
sentokan 1 week ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump