Old 8th October 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
anyone?
Old 11th October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc303 View Post
Hi - just playing around with some new patches.
I have dumped/saved the 2 banks I have created and loaded the -Rides In The Storm- patches from sysex file.
Some really good patches in there. Lots of shortcut repeated ones too obviously Now going through and noting my favs.
Does anyone have any advice/techniques on how to quickly save/group favourite patches together into one bank without having to copy and paste individual patches spread over 16 banks - and risk overwriting/deleting ones I like etc..?
Thank you!
I do it old school manually, and keeping track with a paper notebook...
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
anyone here know how to turn the retriggering off?? I see how to set the multi trigger mode etc but after trying lots of stuff and (shock) going through the manual can find nothing on this ...
Old 14th October 2019 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmith View Post
anyone here know how to turn the retriggering off?? I see how to set the multi trigger mode etc but after trying lots of stuff and (shock) going through the manual can find nothing on this ...
bottom left of panel between at mod & glide
Old 20th October 2019
been annoyed by the clicking envelope outs on the dom for a while now, since that spike when attack/release is very low made them virtually unusable in conjunction with my eurorack VCAs

just happened to find a fix, however

just clipped a 1uf film box resistor across tip and ground of my cable and that's all it takes; smaller values work but leave more spike, and higher values might make the env slower. no other parts needed - just implemented this in a dreadbox 3x3 multiple, which is sweet, because now i have declicked 2 outs for each envelope in the dom for my rack

listen to file attached (best with cans): first pass dom1 as is, second pass with fix (and at the *very* end hard transition from fix to unfixed - makes quite a difference, I think
Attached Files

Dom1_DECLICK.wav (4.21 MB, 1574 views)

Old 20th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
just had a thought.. although I'm sure i'll be corrected

Considering the Dom1's keyboard sends midi note data and that the Dom1 is paraphonic. So when in paraphonic mode - I assume the oscillators are responding to midi note data.. therefore, could the 3 oscillators respond to incoming midi notes independently from an external midi sequencer?

as if to trigger them polyphonically..
I know they can kind of be triggered this way via the cv inputs but I don't currently have anything capable of doing that.

technically we should be able to do this via midi too right?
if so, it would require some extra midi spec info from MFB.. yeah right!
Quote:
just had a thought.. although I'm sure i'll be corrected

Considering the Dom1's keyboard sends midi note data and that the Dom1 is paraphonic. So when in paraphonic mode - I assume the oscillators are responding to midi note data.. therefore, could the 3 oscillators respond to incoming midi notes independently from an external midi sequencer?

as if to trigger them polyphonically..
I know they can kind of be triggered this way via the cv inputs but I don't currently have anything capable of doing that.

technically we should be able to do this via midi too right?
if so, it would require some extra midi spec info from MFB.. yeah right!
sure, you can play them paraphonically via an external keyboard too. not sure whether this requires additional midi specs since this behaves just in the same way they're triggered via the dom's own keyboard
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
sure, you can play them paraphonically via an external keyboard too. not sure whether this requires additional midi specs since this behaves just in the same way they're triggered via the dom's own keyboard
sorry.. I think you've misunderstood.

quoted from above:
"could the 3 oscillators respond to incoming midi notes independently from an external midi sequencer?"

From a sequencer - not keyboard.

Thanks for chiming in though..
Quote:
sorry.. I think you've misunderstood.

quoted from above:
"could the 3 oscillators respond to incoming midi notes independently from an external midi sequencer?"

From a sequencer - not keyboard.

Thanks for chiming in though..
midi protocol = note number, on/off, etc. there's no paramter that goes "live/sequenced"

posted this a while back -. all synth sounds are dom1 midi sequenced (including the chords) https://soundcloud.com/uibkmedan/domineeeeik

Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
midi protocol = note number, on/off, etc. there's no paramter that goes "live/sequenced"

posted this a while back -. all synth sounds are dom1 midi sequenced (including the chords) https://soundcloud.com/uibkmedan/domineeeeik

nice work with the Dom1.. enjoyed that piece.

could you clarify what "including the chords"
..and "there's no parameter that goes "live/sequenced" " mean please?

Thanks
Quote:
nice work with the Dom1.. enjoyed that piece.

could you clarify what "including the chords"
..and "there's no parameter that goes "live/sequenced" " mean please?

Thanks

chords as in 3 notes at the same time, played paraphonically

as for the live/sequencer thing, the midi in on your dom does not know if the notes coming in are played live via a keyboard or played back by an external sequencer - that's why i did not differentiate between the two in my first repsonse. not meant condescendingly, but google a bit about midi basics and the concepts will become clearer

as for the dom, paraphony works as follows:
as long as the notes coming in are on the same midi channel the dom will play them - one note = all three oscs on that note; two notes = osc one & 3 on lower note, osc 2 on higher; three notes = one osc per note. if you hit three notes first and let one go, the respective osc pitch will fall back to lowest note held; if you dial in a sound with long release and let your chord go, all osc pitches will fall back to that of lowest note held
Old 21st October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
chords as in 3 notes at the same time, played paraphonically

as for the live/sequencer thing, the midi in on your dom does not know if the notes coming in are played live via a keyboard or played back by an external sequencer - that's why i did not differentiate between the two in my first repsonse. not meant condescendingly, but google a bit about midi basics and the concepts will become clearer

as for the dom, paraphony works as follows:
as long as the notes coming in are on the same midi channel the dom will play them - one note = all three oscs on that note; two notes = osc one & 3 on lower note, osc 2 on higher; three notes = one osc per note. if you hit three notes first and let one go, the respective osc pitch will fall back to lowest note held; if you dial in a sound with long release and let your chord go, all osc pitches will fall back to that of lowest note held
Cool - thank you.
I'm very familiar with the concepts of midi, but its the first time I've heard the word 'live' being used for the internal keyboard but thanks for that - makes sense. ...I suppose...

AS for the paraphony. Again, well aware of how t works internally but I suppose where i was getting my wires crossed (no pun intended) was with the midi channel it would be receiving on. The only way - would be to be able to set a different midi channel per osc. Therefor not possible.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 28th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
been annoyed by the clicking envelope outs on the dom for a while now, since that spike when attack/release is very low made them virtually unusable in conjunction with my eurorack VCAs

just happened to find a fix, however

just clipped a 1uf film box resistor across tip and ground of my cable and that's all it takes; smaller values work but leave more spike, and higher values might make the env slower. no other parts needed - just implemented this in a dreadbox 3x3 multiple, which is sweet, because now i have declicked 2 outs for each envelope in the dom for my rack

listen to file attached (best with cans): first pass dom1 as is, second pass with fix (and at the *very* end hard transition from fix to unfixed - makes quite a difference, I think
If anybody is about to try this you'll need a 1uF capacitor not resistor. In fact there are no such things as 1uF resistors.
Old 28th October 2019 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonerbox View Post
If anybody is about to try this you'll need a 1uF capacitor not resistor. In fact there are no such things as 1uF resistors.
hey, thanks for noticing that!

looks as if i wav very tired when posting this

cap of course it is!
Old 29th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
hey, thanks for noticing that!

looks as if i wav very tired when posting this

cap of course it is!
Hope I did not come off a snarky! Just thought I better clear it up so nobody would go out chasing something that does not exist.

Last edited by stonerbox; 30th October 2019 at 11:41 PM..
Old 30th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Hi guys - I'm experiencing a strange slow modulation of the filter cut off.

I have the Dom1 set to Manual. I have reset all the sub settings to zero.
There is no modulation on the osc's. No LFO amounts. and so on..

But there a 30 second cycle of the filter cut off - sharp up (stays there for 30 seconds or so) and then sharp drop.
This only seems to occur when in manual mode - so I assume there is something I am missing.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hi guys - I'm experiencing a strange slow modulation of the filter cut off.

I have the Dom1 set to Manual. I have reset all the sub settings to zero.
There is no modulation on the osc's. No LFO amounts. and so on..

But there a 30 second cycle of the filter cut off - sharp up (stays there for 30 seconds or so) and then sharp drop.
This only seems to occur when in manual mode - so I assume there is something I am missing.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Does it still happen if you have the synth on hold? Just wondering if it’s an after touch setting. Make sure AT Mod is at 12 o’clock.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurcher View Post
Does it still happen if you have the synth on hold? Just wondering if it’s an after touch setting. Make sure AT Mod is at 12 o’clock.
Thanks for response.

It is happening when I have it latched YES.
After touch is set to about 2 o'clock.
I will try 12 o'clock.. Is this most likely the culprit?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for response.

It is happening when I have it latched YES.
After touch is set to about 2 o'clock.
I will try 12 o'clock.. Is this most likely the culprit?
I once had similar issue and it was related to that - the AT MOD had to be at the 12 o’clock centre position to stop it happening. It was a couple of years ago tho and I can’t remember if that only happened when playing manually or also in latch mode. No harm trying it! Hope it sorts out for you.
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Dominion 1 sounds so incredible.

Old 4th December 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I have mine under a blanket for a while now. Perhaps should turn it on again and get inspired.
Old 4th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarsell View Post
I have mine under a blanket for a while now. Perhaps should turn it on again and get inspired.
Definitely
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I once put a blanket over mine and came back a couple hours later and the blanket was in shreds in the corner and the D1 looked slightly more angled toward me as if daring me to try that again.
Old 15th December 2019
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
More dominion love

Old 23rd December 2019
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Old 23rd December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
I once put a blanket over mine and came back a couple hours later and the blanket was in shreds in the corner and the D1 looked slightly more angled toward me as if daring me to try that again.
Lol. Mine's still under. Probably short-circuiting the house on fire while I'm gone for Xmas.

I love the dark bass arps and turning the knobs live.
Old 5th February 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Envelopes

I love the Dominion 1, the sound and the look/layout, but does anyone else feel like the envelopes could be a little snappier? When trying to make short, punchy bass, I always struggle a bit, because the envelopes seem to have a bit of a strange curve. Compared to my Juno-60, it´s quite obvious.
When I have shorter decay times, the sound somehow gets more quiet quickly, instead of short and snappy. Would like to hear some other opinions!

Cheers
Timm
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouranon View Post
I love the Dominion 1, the sound and the look/layout, but does anyone else feel like the envelopes could be a little snappier? When trying to make short, punchy bass, I always struggle a bit, because the envelopes seem to have a bit of a strange curve. Compared to my Juno-60, it´s quite obvious.
When I have shorter decay times, the sound somehow gets more quiet quickly, instead of short and snappy. Would like to hear some other opinions!

Cheers
Timm
Tried adjusting the ADSR settings under Vel/Prg?
Here for the gear

No, I didn´t try that... have to check that out! What do these setting allow to change?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouranon View Post
No, I didn´t try that... have to check that out! What do these setting allow to change?
ADR for all 3 EGs. Might want to check the manual on how to set it for each EG.
📝 Reply