The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Rocket
Old 21st January 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfac View Post
Here's my attempt at doing a full track with nothing but the Rocket. A Korg EA-1 was used to sequence the Rocket and add a bit of delay. Everything was recorded into a Tascam DP-24 (no computer involved) and reverb was added in the DP-24.

http://facproductions.net/music/onesynth/ROCKET1.mp3
Nice! Good one.
Old 21st January 2015
After owning it for a bit, my Rocket has spent more time on the shelf than in use. I'll likely sell it later this month.

It's not a bad unit it all, but just doesn't fit with me. Too many other monos do those sounds and more.

Pete
Been running my Minibrute's headphone out into the Rocket & getting good results, especially w/ the MB's sub osc &/or noise, the other waveforms less so, but YMMV.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown Studio View Post
Nice work man i actually own a EA1 aswell and ER1 these all work well together i use the reverb of my Pioneer DJM600 to add some warmt to the rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Nice! Good one.
Thanks guys. Interestingly, that track earned me a 10% discount on my Streichfett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 View Post
After owning it for a bit, my Rocket has spent more time on the shelf than in use. I'll likely sell it later this month.

It's not a bad unit it all, but just doesn't fit with me. Too many other monos do those sounds and more.

Pete

Lucky you haha The Rocket is my 1st mono and i have to say i am really getting to like it now i use it with Cubase Pro 8 and after reading a few posts on here and finding out about the editor that Andy123 made i can't wait to start using it in my productions now, i produce HardHouse so this should fit in nicely with my tracks ( i hope haha)

Meltdown
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfac View Post
Thanks guys. Interestingly, that track earned me a 10% discount on my Streichfett.

Nice one just looked at that, might just be my next addition to my studio
Old 21st January 2015
It just occurred to me I never posted my Rocket song in this thread.

All sounds including drums are from the Rocket and were multi tracked in Ableton Live 9 with some stock effects. Only reverb, delay, beat repeat, EQ, and the Glue compressor were used. The middle part has some drum sequences that were fed through the filter's external input with "Boost" activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
It just occurred to me I never posted my Rocket song in this thread.

All sounds including drums are from the Rocket and were multi tracked in Ableton Live 9 with some stock effects. Only reverb, delay, beat repeat, EQ, and the Glue compressor were used. The middle part has some drum sequences that were fed through the filter's external input with "Boost" activated.

Nice, i really need to get the finger out and start using this, i mainly only want to use it on one or 2 tracks in my productions i.e an Acid like sound, Saw or a Pad maybe make some strings, but mainly a sound like in this track here Lost Tribe Gamesmaster it starts at 4.06 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIFuPA6Tdv0

Im sure the rocket would be able to reproduce this sound nicely and use the filter on it like in that track, might just remix that track using the rocket

Meltdown
Old 27th January 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
Hi All

I'm working on an editor for the rocket which will be freely available to all, I know there's already a fairly cheap one available but I wanted to do something a little different.

Currently all parameters are transmitted to and from the rocket, the current rocket settings are picked up from the synth at start-up and patches can be saved to and recalled from disk, I have also added the ability to morph parameters between 2 specified patches either using the on screen control or via midi cc's transmitted to it from your DAW or controller, it also respond to midi program changes etc.
There is also an XYPad which alters the values for any 2 parameters assigned to it, these can be saved with patches.

I'm currently working an a virtual LFO, this will work much the same as the rockets actual one but you will be able to assign it to a any parameter wave, tune, cutoff, egmod etc and it will modulate it using the speed and depth settings selected, it will probably use a simple sine wave initially but I may add other wave shapes latter.

Here's an early screen shot

Anyone interested just message me.

Andy
Any update on this ?

Thanks

Meltdown
Old 15th February 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Rocket Controller

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update.

I have an early version of my rocket controller software available for testing, so anyone interested send me a message with you email address and I'll set up a wetransfer or something.

Because I create a virtual midi in for my software to work, you will need to download and insatll the rptMidi software from here:-
rtpMIDI | Tobias Erichsen

The software always sends midi to the 'Rocket' midi port, and midi sent from your controller or DAW should be sent to the 'RCMidiIn' virtual midi port created by the software, this is then sent to the 'Rocket' midi port with any midi generated by the software.. control changes, on screen keyboard notes etc

At the moment it creates and uses 1 bank of 127 sounds, I'll probably implement a method to create and load additional banks of sounds in the future,
Midi program changes are supported.

The patch morph function is controlled either by the on screen slider or via midi cc 74.

There's still some work to do and things I'd like to add, but any one wanting to try it out is more then welcome.
📝 Reply