The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
FS1r owners - Zeeedit Patch Editor version 2 with Formant editor
Old 10th January 2013
Lives for gear

FS1r owners - Zeeedit Patch Editor version 2 with Formant editor

Heads-up FS1r owners. I didn't see this posted anywhere, so...

ZeeEdit - MIDI editor

I fired-up Zeeedit for the first time in a while yesterday - but it wouldn't work. There was a license key error. Only after I wrote to the dev did I check the website to see version 2 released on Jan 1st 2013.

NEW FEATURES:
Formant sequence edition
The internal memory allocation (64 voices / 6 FSeq) is now supported
Widget multi-focus for simultaneous editing

ENHANCEMENTS:
Copy/paste enhancement
Better readability
Better locale management
etc..

I'm not exactly OK with the licensing system - looks like I have to buy a new license - but the trade-off is a quality piece of software that makes the guts of FS1r easily accessible. Compared to Sakura, the one-page-per-voice layout alone makes the entry price (42euro) a worthy investment.

Waiting for my license key now.

YMMV
Old 10th January 2013
Lives for gear
It looks fantastic. but that licensing is a show stopper for me. I change computers ever 2 to 3 years. The licensing arrangement means that I'm paying full price for software that I can use only over a 2 to 3 year period.

There are free alternatives out there whose interface isn't as good but that are functional.

pass
Old 10th January 2013
Lives for gear

Haha, what a ridiculous licencing arrangement. I'm in the market for an FS1R, but there's no way I'd buy software from someone who decided being a total asshole to his customers was a good idea. Clown.
Old 10th January 2013
PES
Lives for gear

Seems like a good-looking editor, and I'm glad to see people are still working on stuff for the FS1R. Personally however, I'm sticking to this editor. Very nicely laid out, and works without problems in Windows 7.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search