The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Psychology, Advertising, Attention Span, Consumerism Music
Old 23rd December 2012 | Show parent
szf
Lives for gear

Yes, and at one stage creative/productive people where not slaves to a monetary system controlled by/benefiting non creative/productive f*cks in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi View Post
On a positive note there hasn't been a single point in time where so many people could (in some way) make a living from working in the music business
Old 23rd December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by szf View Post
I understand, but the angry song line was just something to illustrative what I was getting at.. from one angle.

I don't know why you say it's nether here nor there, are you saying that whatever you feel after the fact is all that matters.... This ignores the angle of inception.
No, I am saying whether the song was based on anger, joy, sorrow or whatever has no bearing on my perception of the quality of its outcome, and hence no bearing on how I will feel about the result.
Old 24th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
No, I am saying whether the song was based on anger, joy, sorrow or whatever has no bearing on my perception of the quality of its outcome, and hence no bearing on how I will feel about the result.
Same here. As long as it moves me emotionally in some way, it's "good".

... Unless it's effortless sample pack nonsense that leeches off someone elses's work in a very obvious way.
Lives for gear

might have been posted

"never underestimate the bad taste of the general public"
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by szf View Post
Your post was good til you said this

Are you implying that ppl should judge themselves based on their last snapshot of emotional/artistic feelings.
That actually wasn't the point that I was attempting to make.. It was about not resting on your laurels or past medals. "you are only as good as your last gig" I didn't come up with that quote (wish I had),, and it's very understood in a variety of fields. In some ways a motivating thought, and a cognitive pep talk in a phrase. So... that's the direction of my thought on that one.
📝 Reply