The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass Bot TT303
Old 1st September 2020
Here for the gear

..not big deal really but it’s quite annoying in these back & forth operations🤷‍♂️ ..so I prefer make patterns on mk1
Old 1st September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry4music View Post
..not big deal really but it’s quite annoying in these back & forth operations🤷‍♂️ ..so I prefer make patterns on mk1
I agree it shouldn't happen , just crazy to hear of this after so long using it and not knowing
Old 16th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head
Has anyone had their TT-303 mk2 suddenly not track notes precisely? Like I can tune it at C but when I get to the next C it's way off. I tried tuning it a gazillion times. Sometimes the auto tuning system even works all wrong tuning to a completely wack note way below.

Also it sounds warbly on release, like massive oscillator drift, or if like a broken modulation wheel was modifying the pitch. My Mk1 does not do that.

I am contacting Cyclone for warranty. But would like to hear if anyone had this problem ever too.
Old 1st October 2020
Gear Addict

I just ordered a black limited edition TT-303 MK2 thru Thomann
Old 1st October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikendo View Post
Has anyone had their TT-303 mk2 suddenly not track notes precisely? Like I can tune it at C but when I get to the next C it's way off. I tried tuning it a gazillion times. Sometimes the auto tuning system even works all wrong tuning to a completely wack note way below.

Also it sounds warbly on release, like massive oscillator drift, or if like a broken modulation wheel was modifying the pitch. My Mk1 does not do that.

I am contacting Cyclone for warranty. But would like to hear if anyone had this problem ever too.
same with no midi connected?

dump patterns to Cyclone back up SW and do a reset, then flash the FW and see what happens
Old 6th October 2020
Gear Addict

I am loving my TT-303 MK2!
Arp, Pattern Lab, and Loop Edit are awesome
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Well its not bad........ it can make acid......
But sound a bit to clean........hifi u know.................
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaroval View Post
Well its not bad........ it can make acid......
But sound a bit to clean........hifi u know.................
I think it sounds much closer to the original than the TD-3. It definitely sounds way better than the Roland TB-3 or TB-03. Orbital use an original 303 live and the Bass Bot MK2 sounds spot on. If you want dirtier, add some pedals. I'll take the Bassbot over the TD-3/TB-3/TB-03.
Lives for gear

bassbot mk1 (late numbers) has a bit more bite than TD-3, which peaks out more on the resonance.

Paul Hartnoll said here that it was lazy/late - without specifying context so don't know if that's verified.
Gear Addict

I don't understand what either lazy or late means, but the black limited edition Bass Bot MK2 sounds damn good to me. Was he talking about the TD-3 or Bass Bot? The TD-3, the filter is tuned a bit higher, so it sounds brighter. If you open it up and mess with the the filter tuning, you can darken it. The TB-3 and TB-03 just doesn't nail the squelch/rezzy sounds. It sounds too sterile.

Paranoid London used a Bass Bot MK2 in their live in studio setup with an original 808, 909, and SH-101, and the Bass Bot MK2 sounded damn good. The vid is up on YouTube. Orbital use an original 303 all over their live set, which is why I brought them up. I mess with my Bassbot MK2 and it sounds damn close to what I hear when Orbital's tweaking. Though Orbital do not use the original's built in sequencer and instead have Ableton send it sequences.

I picked up the black Bass Bot after watching Paranoid London's set and watching a video on the Pattern Lab/Loop Edit/Arpeggiator.

Behringer advertised the TD-3 has an arpeggios when it doesn't have one. I wonder if they were trying to copy the Bass Bot.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorev View Post
I don't understand what either lazy or late means
nor do i, it was a comment earlier in this thread i believe, relating probably to mk1, whether with InstaDJ OS 1 or 2, i don't know.

yes i know about the TM3 filter env trimpot on the TD3 (and Bassbot).
📝 Reply