The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass Bot TT303
Old 10th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry4music View Post
..midi mode and page 18 of the manual ..and I presume preset knob should be on the track that you want to play
Many thanks

page 18 of the manual << I can now zoom in
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
mk2 here mate so i cannot help ya sorry , piece of cake on mk2

dig in, the answer is somewhere
I was unaware their were 4 banks AA, BB, A, B.

i filled 2 banks thinking it was a/b, then triggered them from the daw and found a few odd random patterns lower down, checked the manual to find i was using aa/bb banks...
Lives for gear

Ok, that wasn't in the manual(where i looked) so I guessed it was a dual key press maybe, holding 'back' and pressing A / B toggles between the 2.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Nut

Just bought this black beauty here as company for my mk1. It's on sale at the moment.

New Limited Edition in Space Black: https://www.thomann.de/de/cyclone_an...pace_black.htm

https://www.cyclone-analogic.fr/en/1...980493430.html

It's an awesome colour and looks even better from up close! I love that black/silver finish!
Old 13th December 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 80b9b09
Quote:
Originally Posted by omng View Post
Just bought this black beauty here as company for my mk1. It's on sale at the moment.

New Limited Edition in Space Black: https://www.thomann.de/de/cyclone_an...pace_black.htm

https://www.cyclone-analogic.fr/en/1...980493430.html

It's an awesome colour and looks even better from up close! I love that black/silver finish!
I got an email about that this morning. Looks gorgeous!
Old 13th December 2019
Deleted 3858745
It does look great. I would like a "Blackfish" edition that expands on it to go with my TT-606.
Old 16th August 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Could someone record notes with "down" setting with resonance and cutoff closed?
Old 16th August 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone else have issues with volume drop related to a bad volume pot. When I press down or lift the pot (gently, not much force needed) I get an extreme drop in volume. I've read elsewhere this has happened on other TTs. I sent it to Perfect Circuit on extended warranty and not only have they not reached out after 4 weeks, when I've called to check on it, they can not replicate, even though it was consistently failing for weeks prior. So probably out the $40 shipping there + whatever it cost to ship it back and still broken...

Any ideas?
Old 17th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigment View Post
Anyone else have issues with volume drop related to a bad volume pot. When I press down or lift the pot (gently, not much force needed) I get an extreme drop in volume. I've read elsewhere this has happened on other TTs. I sent it to Perfect Circuit on extended warranty and not only have they not reached out after 4 weeks, when I've called to check on it, they can not replicate, even though it was consistently failing for weeks prior. So probably out the $40 shipping there + whatever it cost to ship it back and still broken...

Any ideas?
contact cyclone direct for a warranty claim if PC don't help you , OR they may just send you the pot if you have a valid warranty and then you can take it to a tech?

why would PC not just do a manufacturer claim / exchange / repair for you though i don't know
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post

why would PC not just do a manufacturer claim / exchange / repair for you though i don't know
It started 1 month after the Cyclone Analogic warranty expired and PC offers an extended warranty.. so I'm not sure what their procedures are. Yeah I'd rather have a swap too. If they can't fix it, I'll look up the pot myself and replace it.. I was just trying to go the safe route and save myself some trouble/time
Gear Guru

Quote:
It started 1 month after the Cyclone Analogic warranty expired and PC offers an extended warranty.. so I'm not sure what their procedures are. Yeah I'd rather have a swap too. If they can't fix it, I'll look up the pot myself and replace it.. I was just trying to go the safe route and save myself some trouble/time
hell yeah that is why we have a warranty, bloody use it if you can, good luck
Lives for gear

where is the mk2 manual online?

a message in this thread about a facebook user group having a scan but the link is dead.
Old 17th August 2020
ICN
Gear Head

The RE303 pot kit is very reasonable & works perfectly with the TT303 MK1. I've replaced mine. Think I got the idea from something that I read in here.

Sounds like poor solder / dry joint on the board, where the volume pot attaches if there isn't something inherently fkd & dodgy with the pot itself. Maybe.

They're straightforward to replace, but could possibly be a bit challenging to some due to the way the legs anchor into the board.

I'm sure the volume knob would be ok too. Might be worth checking it out.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sclr View Post
where is the mk2 manual online?

a message in this thread about a facebook user group having a scan but the link is dead.
scan of it here:

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/file...mk2-481402.pdf
Lives for gear

i could start a separate thread about this, but does your cat like 303 sounds?
out of two cats tested, i'm getting the impression they do not.
maybe some similarity to an aggressive cat challenging them?

the fat female at the last place used to come in and hassle me and miaow.
and yesterday this one was standing at the door giving it some, for no discernible reason.

he quite likes padding keys when it's a synth sound, and start/stopping drum machines.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
i could start a separate thread about this, but does your cat like 303 sounds?
out of two cats tested, i'm getting the impression they do not.
maybe some similarity to an aggressive cat challenging them?

the fat female at the last place used to come in and hassle me and miaow.
and yesterday this one was standing at the door giving it some, for no discernible reason.

he quite likes padding keys when it's a synth sound, and start/stopping drum machines.
Two of my cats like anything with a banging groove and sweet 101 and 303 tones.
Old 18th August 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_jrk View Post
Two of my cats like anything with a banging groove and sweet 101 and 303 tones.
My cat LOVED the 101, but barely reacts to the 303s.. But then again he really vibes on Tomita, old school like that.. weirdo.

Lives for gear

Quote:
My cat LOVED the 101, but barely reacts to the 303s.. But then again he really vibes on Tomita, old school like that.. weirdo.

I see you've got an owl too...
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
I see you've got an owl too...
Superb Owl?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollinja View Post
Superb Owl?
Look at his speaker...
Attached Thumbnails
Bass Bot TT303-2452645-bigthumbnail.jpg  
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Nut

Can't remember if I asked this before, but for the Mk 1 version I'm having trouble triggering patterns from Cubase. It's probably a case of RTFM but I couldn't see it mentioned. If I create a MIDI part in Cubase with one note lasting the whole bar and stringing them together, or creating an event lasting a few bars with one longer note the Bass Bot plays its pattern once but then skips the next bar.
Old 19th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:

superb album is mezzanine
Old 19th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Can't remember if I asked this before, but for the Mk 1 version I'm having trouble triggering patterns from Cubase. It's probably a case of RTFM but I couldn't see it mentioned. If I create a MIDI part in Cubase with one note lasting the whole bar and stringing them together, or creating an event lasting a few bars with one longer note the Bass Bot plays its pattern once but then skips the next bar.
there has to be a gate off iirc, i never work that way but i am partly sure it needs a gate on and off each bar
Old 21st August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
In short what you should be doing is sending both midi clock and midi notes to the TT-303. This will make it stay in sync with Cubase and the notes will select the active pattern.

My experience with my mk1 was that this was quite unpredictable. On my current Mk2 it works like a charm.
Old 21st August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsErik View Post
In short what you should be doing is sending both midi clock and midi notes to the TT-303. This will make it stay in sync with Cubase and the notes will select the active pattern.
Hmm, pretty sure that was what I was doing. Does the MIDI note to activate the desired pattern need to be a particular length? Does just one note, say a 1/16, at the start of the bar trigger the whole pattern and give the gate off, or 15/16 so the pattern runes to the end and gets the gate off just before the next bar?

And thanks for both replies
Old 22nd August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hmm, pretty sure that was what I was doing. Does the MIDI note to activate the desired pattern need to be a particular length? Does just one note, say a 1/16, at the start of the bar trigger the whole pattern and give the gate off, or 15/16 so the pattern runes to the end and gets the gate off just before the next bar?

And thanks for both replies
The midi note needs to be 1 bar long if you want the pattern to play for 1 bar.
Old 22nd August 2020
Gear Nut

That was what I was originally doing, it plays one bar but then doesn't the next- your "this was quite unpredictable" seems apt for me then
Old 1st September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Some folk sells it on eBay saying it has known bug:

"It has a bug that was common to the older units.

Example: a 5-step sequence ABCD[REST], and I move the sequencer to the step with the [REST], then I press an E. According to the manual, the sequence should be ABCDE. But instead, it changes it to ABCED.

It only happens when replacing a tie/rest. It will place the new note before the original note, and it will remove the tie/rest that you wanted to replace.

.. "

Is it true?

In what versions it occurs?
Old 1st September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipesku View Post
Some folk sells it on eBay saying it has known bug:

"It has a bug that was common to the older units.

Example: a 5-step sequence ABCD[REST], and I move the sequencer to the step with the [REST], then I press an E. According to the manual, the sequence should be ABCDE. But instead, it changes it to ABCED.

It only happens when replacing a tie/rest. It will place the new note before the original note, and it will remove the tie/rest that you wanted to replace.

.. "

Is it true?

In what versions it occurs?
..it’s true for mk2 ..mk1 doesn’t have this bug (at least on the latest firmware) ..I still hope they’ll make an update sometime in not so near future))
Old 1st September 2020
Gear Guru

Haha I never came across this in hundreds of hours of use

Funny little bug, can't confirm back right now but if it happened I would just over write anyway, that or extend the pattern and remove any unwanted steps so no big disaster
📝 Reply