The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bass Bot TT303
Old 22nd February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Is this manual relevant to the original TT updated to V2, if so I need to read it, I have managed to eventually get the Daw to send it's clock to my TT-303 after a previous poster gave me the how to heads up(was using it on midi mode only before)...cheers?
found it on french forum where they were discussing the V2 - i think it means
the mkII - not sure now ...

edit: just click da link, it's for the mkII.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
found it on french forum where they were discussing the V2 - i think it means
the mkII - not sure now ...

edit: just click da link, it's for the mkII.
That's why the confusion for me, I think the mkII is the the same functionality as an updated to V2 original TT-303, so the same manual may apply, just different look. though not sure...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
That's why the confusion for me, I think the mkII is the the same functionality as an updated to V2 original TT-303, so the same manual may apply, just different look. though not sure...
i reckon that's unlikely, since you have things like Accent CV out - no idea
about sequencer firmware though. think they're just different machines.
but i wouldn't know. i only know mine is V2'd because of the light display
on startup. (i'd quite like to get another one, but that would be 303 overkill,
and i'd have to get rid of something else - although i do think 2 of the identical
machine is the way to go)
(mind you, i'm revising my outlook on everything since the rm1x showed up,
makes life a bit/lot easier)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
A lot of physical UI changes too.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
still want to see what Behringer do to it.

Last edited by ibtl; 23rd February 2019 at 07:38 AM..
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
Cyclone Analogic have pretty much left the scene and no support or updates whatsoever should be expected. Their website actually went down for a while last year, and it' s generally a mess. The company doesn't seem to be doing anything at all and is like a ghost company...

The TTs sequencer has similar quirks to the original and is worth using IMO.
Se the tt78 page, actually cyclone are not invisible or ghost like.

Sale happening right now, alive and well it seems.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Metal enclosures, plastic buttons, MIDI controllable filter, small screen to show what step you're editing!

For the drum machines: MIDI controllable sequencer as on the Bassbot. If they can add some parameter automation from the onboard sequencer that would be super good.

If you wanted to use them as a sound module for midi pattern triggers why not just send midi as is but from a really good sequencer? You can access all functions via midi that the face and sequencer can access and more, and it can be done simultaneously, win win.
Old 23rd February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
No announcements of any kind, but also a lot of people's emails unanswered. Drum machine manuals still not on the website. Of course I hope they're still there ... they just have not been present in any way.
I think they've always had pretty poor communication. I enjoyed the product but I never got returned emails for whatever questions I had.
Old 23rd February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Metal enclosures, plastic buttons, MIDI controllable filter, small screen to show what step you're editing!

For the drum machines: MIDI controllable sequencer as on the Bassbot. If they can add some parameter automation from the onboard sequencer that would be super good.
I'm good with the plastic because the unit still feels solid; replacing the case with metal wouldn't really improve anything would it? And I gotta be honest man...I'm tired of the plastic 'click-clack' buttons Elektron demonized lol. The silicone is near-silent and when I'm lacing beats together I don't want to hear that annoying click-clack

Say no to the click-clack
Old 3rd March 2019
g90
Here for the gear

Anyone here use an external sequencer for the bassbot, if so what do you use? My ideal setup is an IOS app that can run as a MIDI sequencer and support accents/slides.
Old 17th April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
ok... i've noticed my bassbot's Line Out is much lower than the VolcaFM.
better level on headphone out, obviously. how is the level on yours?(mk1)

mine has a fault at Mix In, and i'm wondering if this could be related.
basically, if i plug anything into Mix In i seem to hear a 'ghost' oscillator
doubling up. i'm wondering if i've blown something there running a drum
machine into it - dr-550 kick drum ... can a kick drum pulse mess up an
input like that? or some other audio signal?

Last edited by ibtl; 18th April 2019 at 07:18 AM..
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

Level on mine is strong.
Old 18th April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
Level on mine is strong.
maybe it's because volcaFM is headphone output level ?
need to do better check really.

Mix In fault is annoying :-(
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The pots on my MK1 started crackling some while ago (mainly resonance and volume),can i use replacement parts/knobs from an original 303 or do you know what parts and where i can get them?
Old 22nd April 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmq75 View Post
The pots on my MK1 started crackling some while ago (mainly resonance and volume),can i use replacement parts/knobs from an original 303 or do you know what parts and where i can get them?
Syntaur has parts for Cyclone: Cyclone Analogic TT-303 Bass Bot Parts and Accessories
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
have been sent the v2 firmware, with instaDJ2 and the Cyclone studio, if anyone is looking for it.
there is also the v1.1 fw and instaDJ1 and what looks like a useful pdf for the new features. instructions also for performing the update.
i'll upload the zip as i received it, since it doesn't seem available elsewhere.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TT-303 Bass Bot
InstaDJ Release 2.0.2014-1202

Refer to the InstaDJ 2.0.2014-1202 User Guide for instructions for using the new features and further details about these changes and fixes.

Changes:
- Added TAP Input Mode for pattern programming.
- The pattern generator function produces a wider range of keys and down/up modifiers.
- Added pattern unroll function. This automatically loops and extends patterns to a length of 16, 32, or 64 steps.
- Added pattern playback in MIDI Mode for improved integration with DAWs.
- Added the Live Performance features to MIDI Mode.
- Added Arpeggiator Mode copy and paste functions. The version of the pattern that the Arpeggiator is currently playing can be copied to the clipboard and pasted as a new pattern.
- Added pattern color edit function to Arpeggiator Mode.
- Added sequencer gate width setting (global setting).
- Adjusted the taper on the Tempo control to increase the accuracy within the most commonly used range of tempos.
- Increased LED indicator refresh rate to reduce LED flicker on some video cameras and improve color representation.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Arpeggiator Mode to play the notes of the first bar more consistent with subsequent bars.
- In Live Performance Mode, the DUAS indicator LEDs now illuminate when pressed.
- Eliminated potential MIDI feedback loops when controlling the TT-303 from a DAW.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
have been sent the v2 firmware, with instaDJ2 and the Cyclone studio, if anyone is looking for it.
there is also the v1.1 fw and instaDJ1 and what looks like a useful pdf for the new features. instructions also for performing the update.
i'll upload the zip as i received it, since it doesn't seem available elsewhere.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TT-303 Bass Bot
InstaDJ Release 2.0.2014-1202

Refer to the InstaDJ 2.0.2014-1202 User Guide for instructions for using the new features and further details about these changes and fixes.

Changes:
- Added TAP Input Mode for pattern programming.
- The pattern generator function produces a wider range of keys and down/up modifiers.
- Added pattern unroll function. This automatically loops and extends patterns to a length of 16, 32, or 64 steps.
- Added pattern playback in MIDI Mode for improved integration with DAWs.
- Added the Live Performance features to MIDI Mode.
- Added Arpeggiator Mode copy and paste functions. The version of the pattern that the Arpeggiator is currently playing can be copied to the clipboard and pasted as a new pattern.
- Added pattern color edit function to Arpeggiator Mode.
- Added sequencer gate width setting (global setting).
- Adjusted the taper on the Tempo control to increase the accuracy within the most commonly used range of tempos.
- Increased LED indicator refresh rate to reduce LED flicker on some video cameras and improve color representation.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Arpeggiator Mode to play the notes of the first bar more consistent with subsequent bars.
- In Live Performance Mode, the DUAS indicator LEDs now illuminate when pressed.
- Eliminated potential MIDI feedback loops when controlling the TT-303 from a DAW.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nowhere near being able to download this today so I ask, have you successfully backed up your TT via the studio app? I know people have moaned they couldn't , I've not done a back up yet as only just wrote all the banks to 100%

I'm sure I have it saved somewhere from my tt606 purchase but again, never used it so I'm curious how it goes
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Nowhere near being able to download this today so I ask, have you successfully backed up your TT via the studio app? I know people have moaned they couldn't , I've not done a back up yet as only just wrote all the banks to 100%

I'm sure I have it saved somewhere from my tt606 purchase but again, never used it so I'm curious how it goes
nope.
haven't looked at it yet.
Old 27th April 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmq75 View Post
..same here ..solved the problem (at least 4 now though) with WD40 ..cheaper (and easier) than change the pots
Old 27th April 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry4music View Post
..same here ..solved the problem (at least 4 now though) with WD40 ..cheaper (and easier) than change the pots
ouch...nah,i better avoid this But i found a rest of deoxit in a studio corner.This should do the trick for now.
Old 3rd November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander View Post
@ breakmixer - I prefer the square wave anyway I have always thought that the saw wave is a bit too coarse for me.

With regards to triggering the patterns from Cubase all you have to do is go to the transport menu and at the bottom is synchronisation you have to set the midi clock to send to the port that you have connected from the midi out of Cubase to your unit on the pattern in play mode you want to play mine worked first time good luck with that I think I may know who you mean who has the 303's
Right, my TT-303 has sat amongst my setup for a few years kinda unloved/unused because of the single note pattern play problem, today I sat down to get this resolved - finally got pattern play to work and in sync with my DAW(saved default daw setup), now also watched a tutorial for the sequencer, it was ok - but it was all completely random with regards to rests, slides and accents. but now I can finally use it properly once I sussed the programming of patterns, so I need to study this now...gonna read up at work during my breaks...

Thanks for the heads up...
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Right, my TT-303 has sat amongst my setup for a few years kinda unloved/unused because of the single note pattern play problem, today I sat down to get this resolved - finally got pattern play to work and in sync with my DAW(saved default daw setup), now also watched a tutorial for the sequencer, it was ok - but it was all completely random with regards to rests, slides and accents. but now I can finally use it properly once I sussed the programming of patterns, so I need to study this now...gonna read up at work during my breaks...

Thanks for the heads up...
Sacrilege

Hand it over to me next time you ignore it
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sacrilege

Hand it over to me next time you ignore it
I tried sequencing it with my DAW() when I first got it but the general consensus is to use the onboard sequencer, I couldn't get the Daw to send midi clock for the patterns so gave up on it till today. I'm not an all out Acid Ted but I'd like it for some added spice now and then, it's got to be the most complicated bit of gear I own though - It's staying for the long term(coz everybody needs a 303 I heard), so I'll get it eventually lol...I'm a slower learner btw
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I tried sequencing it with my DAW() when I first got it but the general consensus is to use the onboard sequencer, I couldn't get the Daw to send midi clock for the patterns so gave up on it till today. I'm not an all out Acid Ted but I'd like it for some added spice now and then, it's got to be the most complicated bit of gear I own though - It's staying for the long term(coz everybody needs a 303 I heard), so I'll get it eventually lol...I'm a slower learner btw
Haha acid ted

One or two hours and you'll suss it out man
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Haha acid ted

One or two hours and you'll suss it out man
I hope so, I've just never knuckled down to the unit, its took a back seat in my setup. Getting back into my electro and liking some of the soulful electro and breakbeat/acid tinged electro ATM...its the only bit of my setup stumping me, I'll get their eventually.
Deleted 80b9b09
Quote:
I hope so, I've just never knuckled down to the unit, its took a back seat in my setup. Getting back into my electro and liking some of the soulful electro and breakbeat/acid tinged electro ATM...its the only bit of my setup stumping me, I'll get their eventually.
Stick with it - it does take a while.

When I originaly had it, I kept forgetting to flick the switch to MIDI.

Personally, I use it with Cubase, and as long as you set the MIDI channel up correctly, and activate the external sync, it syncs perfectly.

Fully agree with the comments above about the square wave - it's lovely and squelchy on this box.

I also have to pick up the manual every time I use it, to be honest. I find it a little more complicated than the OG.
Old 8th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Tried with the TT-303 again, I used instaDJ whassy to make presets to fill banks 1 to 7, but in midi mode using my daw I can only play back 2 each of the patterns in bank 1 and 2 only(Keys are over/about an octave apart that sound), so I still think something is up?

I've even changed the midi in channel as per manual, and tested the different daw sync configurations...

Last edited by breakmixer; 8th November 2019 at 10:57 PM..
Old 10th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Right, I have filled seemingly bank AA / BB with patterns in PRESET 1, I can now trigger all AA / BB(16 patterns) from the DAW(yay).

But How do I get out of AA / BB on the hardware and into A / B banks(In pattern play/write modes), I am checking the manual but there's loads of it and can't seem to find this info?

Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Right, I have filled seemingly bank AA / BB with patterns in PRESET 1, I can now trigger all AA / BB(16 patterns) from the DAW(yay).

But How do I get out of AA / BB on the hardware and into A / B banks(In pattern play/write modes), I am checking the manual but there's loads of it and can't seem to find this info?

mk2 here mate so i cannot help ya sorry , piece of cake on mk2

dig in, the answer is somewhere
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

..midi mode and page 18 of the manual ..and I presume preset knob should be on the track that you want to play
πŸ“ Reply