The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog slim phatty or Virus TI2 desktop?
Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A Slim Phatty is not expensive. It's pretty much what hardware cost. I don't like vst's that much anyway. It's always lacking in sound quality, and my ears are bougie. If it doesn't sound good while I'm creating, I can't continue. With hardware it's less work on trying to get it to sound good, cause 95% of the time (coming from hardware)it already sounds good and full. I haven't heard any vst come close to my Motif, Virus, or MPC2000xl(sound wise). If I add the SP I'll be covered for the next 5 or 10 years.
Old 13th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkentool View Post
To me it sounds like you're still cutting your teeth and are trying to solve the problems that are rooted in being a crappy engineer and producer by throwing expensive new hardware at it.

If you think Sylenth1 and Zebra 2 do not have the ability to create basses that are "Fat" (whatever the **** this means in this context) then you're just insane.

The problem is not your gear the problem is you.
Well, of course you can get the bass sound good in sylenth or whatever.
But i like hardware because of the workflow, and to my ears they sound better.
And stop being such a ******.
Old 14th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just received a slim phatty as an amazing 30th bday gift. I've been using soft synth my whole life. First analog I've ever owned. Actually first hardware synth I've ever owned. I was blown away by it. Sounds incredible. Such bite and so musical. It's simple and fast to learn. I love that it has limitations because I can actually wrap my head around it. However, diva and razor will always have their place in my music. This is just another tool. A freakin awesome tool. Tempted to get another....
Old 14th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Drew View Post
Almost scary similarity going on here, I've decided to either get the Virus TI2 Desktop or LP, was even considering posting a thread very similar to this, oh and btw, I'm norwegian too. I've decided to go for the Virus, and then later on perhaps get me a Little Phatty, also its a shame music stores in Norway got pretty much no synths at all so I don't get to try it out before buying.
Actually, I've figured Virus B > Virus TI2, atleast considering the price
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Ok so i got it today and damn thats an awesome synth!
Got to play with it for 3-4 hours and im happy as hell.
Old 20th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
The Nord 3 Lead,already,comes close to the Virus sound.It's a VA,why get another VA for Leads and Bass lol.Get yourself a Moog Slim Phatty for leads and bass.The Mopho is also good,and it's cheaper.However,the Mopho doesn't have that Mogg sound.If you really want that Moog sound,then I'd say go for the Mogg Slim Phatty.The Mopho can create huge bass and leads,but it totally lacks that distinct Moog sound IMHO.I have a Virus,and I pair it with a Slim Phatty.VAs do great leads and bass,but proper analog always sounds better in the leads and bass dept.
Old 20th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Also,check out the Moog Minitaur,just for bass.It does awsome analog bass.I'd say go for the moog minitaur and mopho if you don't want the Slim Phatty.However,the Slim Phatty is a beast and it goes perfect with my VA Virus Synth.

Last edited by scpjr36; 20th October 2012 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: typo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First off, I deleted my post when I noticed you corrected it. Second, I wasn't making fun of you, just thought it was a funny typo. No need for insults.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Well,what do you expect?You get hate everywhere on the net lol.I'm not mad,and I got rid of my post too.Good day Sir.Thanks for posting the link.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Great music,greetings to Israel
Old 20th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks!
Old 28th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkentool View Post
To me it sounds like you're still cutting your teeth and are trying to solve the problems that are rooted in being a crappy engineer and producer by throwing expensive new hardware at it.

If you think Sylenth1 and Zebra 2 do not have the ability to create basses that are "Fat" (whatever the **** this means in this context) then you're just insane.

The problem is not your gear the problem is you.
EXACTLY - I've made some FILTHY bassline's w/Zebra2. In fact, Zebra is a very well-rounded for everything (leads, pads, perc,)... As is Omni and Sylenth and Z3TA+2 AND the list goes on & on.

`
Old 28th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallowah View Post
EXACTLY - I've made some FILTHY bassline's w/Zebra2. In fact, Zebra is a very well-rounded for everything (leads, pads, perc,)... As is Omni and Sylenth and Z3TA+2 AND the list goes on & on.

`
I really dont understand why people wanna use sylenth, it's SO badly coded!
Zebra, massive and omni on the other hand works just fine.
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sylenth has a unique sound
Old 29th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights View Post
I haven't heard any vst come close to my Motif, Virus, or MPC2000xl(sound wise). If I add the SP I'll be covered for the next 5 or 10 years.
Then you should consider getting a "better" sound card!

`
Old 29th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Apogee Quartet is not good enough for you?? Soft synths don't come close.
πŸ“ Reply