The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Andromeda A6 users, how many are we? Keyboard Synthesizers
View Poll Results: are you an A6 Andromeda synth USER?
Yes, I am.
128 Votes - 90.78%
Yes, I am
13 Votes - 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ababe View Post
hi, I own 1x A6

BUT today I was almost crazy with it, I tried to lead an external Synth via A6's EXT Input 15 n' 16 without no success yet, the external synth works well and the 2x mono cables are ok too - I switch button "voice 15 n' 16" on to get the extrernal audio thru the A6's filters to the a6's main outputs ... no go, I'm confused ... just if I press a key on the A6's keyboard then I can hear the external synth on that note, strange - is this ok? I think no, Can anyone of you help me to specify this problem? Is my A6 broken??? In normal Mode all voices works well anyway. please help, sorry for my bad english - I'm from norway.
That normal, the ext in goes through the amp enveloppe so you have to trigger.

Howeveqr personally i only get mono sound even with voice 15-16......is it the same for you?
Old 5th April 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 5th April 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

remember FULL mix mode implementation FULL! we should be able to assign all 16 channels easily

and the sequencer
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Hey, this is really impressive. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but this could turn out to be a great example of brains working together through the net for the greater good of, well, all us A6 users

Keep up the momentum. The cash will come, because the benefits are obvious to many, many of us and I will gladly donate/pay to get my A6s "modernized".

Cheers!
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
This site has a ton of cool stuff for A6 sound design if you are not otherwise aware of it:

A6TipsAndTricks
old site, try this one instead, this one is at least still active and the first topic has all links to all known downloadable info including all manuals tips and tricks etc. :
electro-music.com :: View Forum - Alesis Andromeda
also it has under patches links and downloadable patches for the a6
Old 26th May 2012
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted Userc View Post
Hey all a6’ers, GREAT news!!!

We now have one volunteer user in Denver, CO, who is willing to provide his/her andy for testing during development!!
Is this still happening?
Old 26th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hey all a6’ers, GREAT news!!!

We now have one volunteer user in Denver, CO, who is willing to provide his/her andy for testing during development!!
Yaaay!

Ivan (m127)
and... how are things going ?
is there still action going on ?
any info ?
sunny
Old 26th May 2012
Gear Head

No news?
Old 27th May 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 20th June 2012
Gear Maniac

Can't you just rent one?
Old 21st June 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ape View Post
That normal, the ext in goes through the amp enveloppe so you have to trigger.

Howeveqr personally i only get mono sound even with voice 15-16......is it the same for you?
Pan them left - right in mix mode
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not sure there are any available for rent in the Colorado Springs, CO, area in the US. Also, that could increase the costs for the developer, maybe? I don't know.
Still, if no one wants to lend their synth for testing, perhaps they could consider renting it to them. Whoever wants to consider this can contact them directly at reKon audio™
If the developer either rents or borrows one and does not have access to it beyond that time then how on earth could they support what they develop?
Old 22nd June 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 22nd June 2012
Lives for gear

could a 2nd hand a6 not be sourced for this project ie purchased or rented?
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

So was all this just talk then?
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Apparently... Kind of a half-baked idea... What would really be cool is someone updating the OS but doesn't look like Numark would allow it... :(
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

I made a tiny editor for my Andromeda, but not edit its existing parameters but to expand it. I tried to add multipoint envelopes (like Absynth) to Andromeda. It actually works but of course the multipoint envelopes are monophonic , since the NRPNs are monophonic as well and this is where I based my work. But it was a fun project non the less, I did not pursue it further because I enjoy using Andy as hardware and already packs super power.

Vriareon - pygame - python game development
Old 25th July 2012
Deleted User
deleted by user
Old 8th August 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No, actually it was an honest try, and signicant effort was put into bringing users together to discuss; contacting and writing to developers, etc.
Many users just sat down and hated the idea. Many showed some enthusiasm about it, but that's as much.

A few ideas become a reality, many don't. Nothing to get depressed about nor insult others' efforts for.
To me, only not having ideas and not trying to make them a reality is what's depressing, and trust me, this is the actual daily bread and butter of the vast majority here and elsewhere. It's just fine.

We tried. I'd say it's time to move on. If this somehow takes off in the future I will let you know

Dude, I just suscribed to the group. I am a new alesis andromeda owner and I believe in your idea of beying together all of us owners of one of the greatest poly synths (if not the best). Maybe not now, but in a few years there are going to be a lot of us andy owners that will need more help than what some of you think, or share it of course. Congratulations on this project and keep your enthusiasm. I surely believe in this
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search