The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Bugs/flawas on this tempest machine?
Old 18th February 2012
Lives for gear

Bugs/flawas on this tempest machine?

I have a fresh Tempest here ...

some pads in some programs dont produce a sound.

Bt2/Dub Test pad 4 (grayed out)

Bt1/Dub Test pad 4, 14, and others

Proj: Dub tech break: Beat 8: only strange quiet noises

what is that? On your machine too?
Old 18th February 2012
Gear Nut

are any mutes on the greyed out pads?
sometimes when a pad hasn't been making a sound , I find that I have the lowpass filter all the way down or highpass filter all the way up. sometimes I find things are just turned all the way down in the mixer.
those are my usual suspects for silent pads.

Ill fire up my Tempest in a bit to see if my machine is the same way for that project/beat.
Old 18th February 2012
Lives for gear

well I can change that, I think, but this is the factory setting.
That makes me so suspicious. It came directly from DSI.
Maybe the rom is not written correctly.

What is also strange is the minimum decay time.
I never can make a very short drum hit.
Old 18th February 2012
Gear Guru

I don't know if this is your solution, but when I got my Prophet 08 I had similar kinds of weird issues, though a big one for me was the filter. Sounded oddly harsh. Bad. I got it cheap (used) and I suspect this was why. Like it was defective or something. Anyway, I found that in some odd situations an errent MIDI message can screw up the Prophet's internal settings and calibration. So, I quickly did a fresh OS install and viola, all was good after that and has been ever since. Download the latest OS, even if it's the one that's installed on your machine and just do a fresh install. Can't hurt.
Old 18th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I don't know if this is your solution, but when I got my Prophet 08 I had similar kinds of weird issues, though a big one for me was the filter. Sounded oddly harsh. Bad. I got it cheap (used) and I suspect this was why. Like it was defective or something. Anyway, I found that in some odd situations an errent MIDI message can screw up the Prophet's internal settings and calibration. So, I quickly did a fresh OS install and viola, all was good after that and has been ever since. Download the latest OS, even if it's the one that's installed on your machine and just do a fresh install. Can't hurt.
thats true. I thought bout that, too. I hope that one can also update the sample content, even if you cannot load your own ones (which is a bit strange, by the way). I didn't connect midi so far. Maybe I try that ...
Old 18th February 2012
Pym
Lives for gear

In this case it's more likely it's just a mute/solo setting, or possibly voice assigned sounds (although that's less likely since it's a factory preset). Check the mixer settings first

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeProducer View Post
thats true. I thought bout that, too. I hope that one can also update the sample content, even if you cannot load your own ones (which is a bit strange, by the way). I didn't connect midi so far. Maybe I try that ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search