The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
another which synth thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

another which synth thread

so yeah I think I just about got enough dolla to treat myself to another toy, trying to build up my studio as much as poss at the moment for a winters hibernation of no daylight / outside world

I make electronic music spanning a lot of different genres, but based within dance music. Im really enjoying using hardware as its helping break up my workflow & anchor my sound

I currently have a Yamaha DX7, a TG33 & a Voyager and I love them all

Im just looking for a synth to complement these

Im looking to spend about £350 - 500

im probs not really wanting another monophonic synth as I feel i got that covered with the voyager.

Im not too worried about if stuff is hard to programme or not cos I find the TG33 & DX7 quite easy an everyone seems to complain about both of them, I much prefer programming hardware to software

I was thinking about getting a virus c maybe....as thought it kind of sits slap bang in the middle with the FM one side an the Analog the other

do you think this would be a wise choice or do you think i could do any better with anything else, very open to suggestions

really interested in any viewpoints / ideas

cheers!
Old 19th September 2011
I think it's time to put the SQ80 into dance music.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

In that price range, I'd suggest a Waldorf XT or some VA.... Virus B or C is a good choice, but there's also stuff like the Korg Radias (forget the microkorgs), the Roland JP8000/8080, and the Novation Supernova.

Or, to go in a completely different direction, something like the Korg MicroX (Triton-based rompler) might give you a wide palette of sounds that you can't get from your current gear.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

You definitely can't go wrong adding a Virus to your setup. The Virus B and C are worth looking into.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search