The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Ms:20 or SCI Pro One Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Korg Ms:20 or SCI Pro One

Over the past three days, I've spent a good deal of time looking for the best analog synth for myself. First, I was in between a Korg Mono/Poly and a SCI Pro One. I've dropped the Mono/Poly option and went with the SCI, but another gem has caught my eye, and that gem is the Korg Ms20. I'm familiar with it's operation as I've spent a good deal of time with ims20 for IPad. How does the comparison stack up, Ms20 or Pro One?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

AND why?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

If you want the sci sound you wouldn't even be looking at a Korg ms-20, they're miles apart. Seriously!

So, what sound are you after?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Well, I feel as if I'd love to be able to get experimental sounds out of it, which the ms20 seems to be good at.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Both
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Absolutely, the MS-20 can make some serious noise! It is also one of the most musical sounding semi modular synth that I've heard.
But since I'm a SCI fanboy I must advice you to go for the Pro-One. You've got some wild modulation there as well.
And it's so easy to tweak! Something that can't be said about the Ms-20.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search