The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jupiter 8 Samples? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 17th September 2011
Deleted User
Jupiter 8 Samples?

Anyone know where I can find JP-8 waves? Like a 1 second saw wave, square, unfiltered preferably in stereo etc. I was going to make patches for myself. I was thinking that I could make an emulation with more character than Arturia if I had enough info.

Update: I found some in my XP-30 along with P5 waves (what a great machine!). Also, I found that the "HQ Square" in the v-synth is probably from a Jupiter, but the "HQ saw" is not.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytaters View Post
Anyone know where I can find JP-8 waves? Like a 1 second saw wave, square, unfiltered preferably in stereo etc...
Uhh the Jupiter 8 is not really "stereo" unless you use dual mode panned hard left and right.

Part of a 'character' of the jp8 sound is that each voice is not 100% perfect in not only tuning but PWM, env contour etc.

That said the 8V is quite close, even for me to the real thing.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytaters View Post
Update: I found some in my XP-30 along with P5 waves (what a great machine!). .
If you don't have it already, you might also want to get an SR-JV-80-04 expansion board for your XP-30 - it has several JP-8 waveforms as well - and many more, from Roland and non-Roland synths
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Anyone know where I can find JP-8 waves? Like a 1 second saw wave, square, unfiltered preferably in stereo etc. I was going to make patches for myself. I was thinking that I could make an emulation with more character than Arturia if I had enough info.

Update: I found some in my XP-30 along with P5 waves (what a great machine!). Also, I found that the "HQ Square" in the v-synth is probably from a Jupiter, but the "HQ saw" is not.
The biggest Sample Library of the Jupiter 8 and also a Halion / Sonic / SE Sample instrument > Jupiter by Jay | Samples for Roland jupiter 8 Fans

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search