The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
For the problem solvers! Racking a Future retro 777 Desktop Synthesizers
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

For the problem solvers! Racking a Future retro 777

Okay - I am trying to find rack ears that I can 1) either attach to the wood so I can rack this or 2) something I am not thinking or seeing lol. The issue I found was trying to find one that is 6 spaces!

Looked everywhere - when I thought I found some mixer rack ears they were for mini mixers.

Anyone got any leads? or Ideas on how to do this?

Last edited by JustJ; 15th September 2011 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Wrong f'n photo
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

what about a tray or sliding drawer?
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Here is what the company said - I have had it in a drawer and just cannot stand it lol ---

Quote:
The 777 was never intended to be a rack mount unit.

However if one had to rack it, you would first need to open the unit, remove the PC boards, unscrew the wood ends from the inside of the unit. You could then fabricate some rack ears, mount them where the wood ends used to attach, and put the unit back together.

Keep in mind that it will take up alot of rack space the way the jacks are arranged on the unit.

Other options to consider... a sliding rack drawer that the 777 could fit in and pulled out when needed.

We have taken single space rack shelfs, mounted them upside down and sticking out of the rack instead of how they normally fit in a rack. This then creates a small table top space coming out of the rack that the 777 can sit on.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search