The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jexus Access Virus TI demo (Video) Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 15th September 2011
Jexus Access Virus TI demo (Video)

Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

lols he included a butt bongo fiesta clip in that
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Guru
Love the video... don't really dig the synth (that one guitar/string patch sounds nice tho around 20:40)

I like how his atheism is getting more blatent.. always a plus.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

wow great programming on that. Never heard a virus sound so good.

rammstein sequence at 6:38 very well done.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Lots of those patches were very "the knife," to the point where he literally plays one of their songs. Which is awesome because I love them.

Great virus demo, although it's totally overshadowed by the last waldorf demo.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

One of his less inspiring demos for me, he did a write up
Review on his website, seemed like it wasn,t a favorite
Of his.

This guy has cost me so much money in GAS for synths

Love it
LK
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekrafty View Post
One of his less inspiring demos for me, he did a write up
Review on his website, seemed like it wasn,t a favorite
Of his.

This guy has cost me so much money in GAS for synths

Love it
LK
I agree. I usually love his demos, but this one didn't do much for me. I don't know if that reflects in any way on the synth itself though.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Man this guy is a Monster when it comes to programming.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
very nice, thx

[edit] deleted

[edit 2] 15/9/2011 21:51 PM don't like the trolling going on this thread, great video, great programming and that's it. i feel stupid sharing my opinions here at the moment
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Wow thank god I didn't get a Virus, talk about boring and almost every demo sounds like this, so Ive yet to understand why Virus owners talk about it likes it's sent from god...
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTION
Wow thank god I didn't get a Virus, talk about boring
To my ears the freeware Synth1 has a very similar basic tone. I'd say the VSTi nailed that sound to the point that there isn't any 'extra magic' missing when compared with the Virus.

While I'm quite impressed with the sound of Synth1 (because it's a piece of free software and I don't expect much from software and DSP synths), I can't say the same about the Virus - the synth looks too big and too serious for the kind of sound it has. I much prefer the sound and simplicity of Nord Lead 2x, this one's got a surprisingly unique and musical character. I'm not a hater but, seriously, Virus sounds nothing like its pricetag would suggest.

Virus succeeds in sounding very synthetic (sic!). I don't think the original point of synthesizers was to sound THIS synthetic. In my view, a good synthesizer balances on the thin line between sounding electronic and organic. Virus is way too far on the pure electronic side.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Yeah youre right when you put effects on both a Virus and Synth1 you kind of wonder why the hell the Virus costs so much for what other synths can do at a fraction of the cost tutt
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTION View Post
Anyone actually prefer the JD-990 over a virus for pads, atmosphere and spacey sounds? I think it just sounds so much more present...
man i thought it was trolling... but apparently we really got a problem here
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorusphase View Post
Virus succeeds in sounding very synthetic (sic!). I don't think the original point of synthesizers was to sound THIS synthetic. In my view, a good synthesizer balances on the thin line between sounding electronic and organic. Virus is way too far on the pure electronic side.
Wow, a synth that sounds 'synthetic', go figure!! Get a rompler or a sampler if you want realistic sounds.

Very nice video BTW, but a bit 'safe' on the sounds side, I was more surprised by the NL3 video because I could never get it sounding like that!

Peter.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's hard to comment before he releases the other part (or parts) for Virus. He is doing a superb job on showing a synthesizer's timbre for sure.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I recently bought a virus TI and i'm not saying this to justify my purchase, but the virus doesn't sound like any VST i've ever heard or tried, and I've heard and tried alot. None. Not Sylenth 1, not synth 1, not gladiator, not Dune,not Nexus etc.... The latter synths may come close, but they're is a uniqueness about the virus sound that imo hasn't been replicated yet. I will say that it doesn't sound very analogue,but why would anyone expect any more out of a purely digital synth. In the end it's a digital synth with a very cool character sound. I think this demo vid had character. It's a kinda cheesy hard house demo, but it goes to show what the virus can do.

Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschelfh
Wow, a synth that sounds 'synthetic', go figure!! Get a rompler or a sampler if you want realistic sounds.
I don't think you understood what I wrote there. Synths originally tried to mimic natural instruments and sounds but failed in a good way, bringing their own unique sound character.

Nowadays it's possible to emulate other sounds more accurately but the result isn't an interesting *synthesizer* sound in my opinion.

Virus has a very sterile and precise sound - its actually the most sterile and clinical sounding synthesizer out there. If I could compare its sound to the VSTi, I'd describe it as VSTi HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler
I recently bought a virus TI and i'm not saying this to justify my purchase, but the virus doesn't sound like any VST i've ever heard or tried, and I've heard and tried alot. None. Not Sylenth 1, not synth 1, not gladiator, not Dune,not Nexus etc.... The latter synths may come close, but they're is a uniqueness about the virus sound that imo hasn't been replicated yet.
Ok, when talking about sterile sound, I'll agree that Virus sounds better than Synth1. It sounds even more HD and sterile. If you like that kind of sound then Virus delivers for sure.

For me, sterile sound is not a good attribute but it doesn't have to be the same way for everybody.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
its actually the most sterile and clinical sounding synthesizer out there. If I could compare its sound to the VSTi, I'd describe it as VSTi HD.
Go play a Waldorf Q, then get back to me. In comparison the Virus is far less sterile.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance5 View Post
man i thought it was trolling... but apperently we really got a problem here
No trolling, JD-990 is a beast even against big dogs like the Virus. At $500 it might not outdo technically, but it makes my ears feel way better.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Virus has a very sterile and precise sound - its actually the most sterile and clinical sounding synthesizer out there. If I could compare its sound to the VSTi, I'd describe it as VSTi HD.
Did you try programming it? There are a lot of parameters and modulations to make it sound more organic.
And no, the presets are not the most organic around!

Peter.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I wouldn't really want a Virus for organic sounds , but some of the Virus presets just sound 'muffled' to me like you're hearing them from another room....

patches can be quiet and still great but some of the Virus sounds don't have a good presence (to my ears) nothing to do with Jexus's demo

I really like the 'Positif' sound he does in this demo - the ending is ****ing awesome I could listen to a good 10 minutes of that bit
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive yet to understand why Virus owners talk about it likes it's sent from god...
Because they prayed and prayed for the money to buy one
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Boring.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Pretty bad demo. I understand he tries to turn Virus TI in an Prophet or something like that just to suck up to those hot headed analog guys who diss everything that's digital, but that's not the purpose of Virus TI. Virus TI is existing to make modern, aggressive, never heard before sounds, not some Prophet like crappy saw's with a bit of filter modulation over it.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Pretty bad demo. I understand he tries to turn Virus TI in an Prophet or something like that just to suck up to those hot headed analog guys who diss everything that's digital, but that's not the purpose of Virus TI. Virus TI is existing to make modern, aggressive, never heard before sounds, not some Prophet like crappy saw's with a bit of filter modulation over it.
I have more digital synths than analog ones, so I'll disregard that. But anyways, what sounds has the Virus made that have been "never heard before"? Please enlighten us, because the Virus is one of the most boring, overused, overheard sounds ever.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Maybe in the hands of the boring preset makers.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Maybe in the hands of the boring preset makers.
Well presets are your chance to prove your best to the customer, who doesnt have time to spend weeks learning a cramped keyboard to see if it's good.

And those "unheard" sounds I bet are unheard for a good reason, because theyre unusably ugly.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

LOL, talking about hatred. :D It's all in the taste of certain person!!!

This story ends on this quote: ''to each his own''.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

No hatred, truth just hurts lol.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Wow thank god I didn't get a Virus, talk about boring and almost every demo sounds like this, so Ive yet to understand why Virus owners talk about it likes it's sent from god...
Quote:
Yeah youre right when you put effects on both a Virus and Synth1 you kind of wonder why the hell the Virus costs so much for what other synths can do at a fraction of the cost tutt
Quote:
No trolling, JD-990 is a beast even against big dogs like the Virus. At $500 it might not outdo technically, but it makes my ears feel way better.
Quote:
I have more digital synths than analog ones, so I'll disregard that. But anyways, what sounds has the Virus made that have been "never heard before"? Please enlighten us, because the Virus is one of the most boring, overused, overheard sounds ever.
Quote:
Well presets are your chance to prove your best to the customer, who doesnt have time to spend weeks learning a cramped keyboard to see if it's good.

And those "unheard" sounds I bet are unheard for a good reason, because theyre unusably ugly.
Quote:
No hatred, truth just hurts lol.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search