The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Access Virus TI (recomend me some tracks that have virus as main instrumnet) Desktop Synthesizers
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Access Virus TI (recomend me some tracks that have virus as main instrumnet)

I think the subject sums up my question here... I'm thinking that Virus might be my next synth to get but... I want to hear deeper range of Virus (rather than that trancy demo sound) as it's used by producers out there... If u know that particular track u love is done with Virus TI could u please post a link here?

PS I'm mostly into deep tech and minimal...
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyelagin View Post
...range...

...minimal...
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

The prodigy album "invaders must die" most of the synth hooks are played on a access virus ti polar. Particularly Omen and Invaders must die.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here's a few.....

1) Hardwell-Asteroid
2) Hardwell Smoke
3) Darwin and Backwall-Hungry pony
4) Nicky Romero-Switched.
Old 15th September 2011
Turn off fx, open the filter, now play the highest notes, and listen to it fail so bad its not even funny.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here is an almost all Virus one: Virii
Old 15th September 2011
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Depeche Mode - Wrong)
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

I think Madonna's 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' album has a lot of Virus Ti sounds mixed into the production.
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory View Post
Turn off fx, open the filter, now play the highest notes, and listen to it fail so bad its not even funny.

Plug in a Fender Strat, jack up the tone controls and pickup switch so it's all treble and then crank up your amp and play.... WOW! It sounds like total sh!t! Big surprise.

I know you're attempting to illustrate the bad aliasing. You have to think about the context in which most people play synthesizers. Who likes to hear ANY synth with the filter wide open while playing the highest notes? Virtually nobody plays them like that so it's just not even a relevant comment.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Or.... use the dual filters, the effects, play some musical phrases, and listen to the signature sound that's powering the world of dance music and the backbone of twenty thousand studios worldwide.

There are two sides to every instrument.
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Plug in a Fender Strat, jack up the tone controls and pickup switch so it's all treble and then crank up your amp and play.... WOW! It sounds like total sh!t! Big surprise.

I have a Virus Classic - it's a seriously bad ass piece of kit. It never ceases to amaze me the sounds I can get out of it. It's not just a fat dirty bass synth, it has a massive potential for sounds of all kinds. The Classic is based on the Virus B so I'm sure the TI will be very similar but with bells on.

I would always recommened a Virus to anyone making electronic music of any kind, you won't regret it.

If anything ever happened to my Virus, I would replace it in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure what more praise I can give it... just buy one, and post back here with how overjoyed you are

And no, I've never felt the quality of the audio was anything less that perfect.
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

I adored mine for the almost two months I used it before the arrival of ye ol Solaris.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 26th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post

That's actually a good setting for a strat.
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Head

I am new to the Virus TI, but I understand the "classic" oscillators do have some aliasing. It is debatable how much this can be an impedament to making music. However, I also understand there is no aliasing with the "wavetable" oscillators.

Bob Graham
Old 26th September 2011
Here for the gear

I know its Fedde le grand only hardware synth
Old 26th September 2011
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
uh... yeah that about covers what I do with my virus every time I use it..
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davydka View Post
That's actually a good setting for a strat.
"Out of phase" position all the way baby!
Instant Sultans!
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

I was pretty surprised by this. This guy usually shows the range of a synth. Is this really all the virus can do? It doesn't sound bad, but it sounds like something I'd throw in the background behind other synths. After all the hype I've read I was expecting more. I'll have to see how part 2 is.
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodeater View Post

I was pretty surprised by this. This guy usually shows the range of a synth. Is this really all the virus can do? It doesn't sound bad, but it sounds like something I'd throw in the background behind other synths. After all the hype I've read I was expecting more. I'll have to see how part 2 is.
I do not mean to be flip with you, but what do you want the synth to do for you, dance for you? What are you looking for in a synth? Even the Kronos does not entirely live up to its hype. Hype is just that, an exaggeration of reality.

Bob Graham

PS: I just realized that I am getting slightly off topic. My apologies.
Old 26th September 2011

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search