The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Synthbus compressor (ITB or OTB) What do you guys use? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 27th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
Unfortunately my skill level is probably actually below what would be considered "beginner". For instance, I would think even a "beginner" could figure out a way to put all the loops together and make a semi-proper (even if it sounded like junk!) song, and I can't even do that!

I tried Ableton but it had waaaaay too many bugs, it's not a proper DAW in any way and sounded with no life, totally plastic.
This is the worst post i've ever seen on this board. Worried about bus compression when you can't even program a drum loop!! UNREAL!!!
Old 27th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
Unfortunately my skill level is probably actually below what would be considered "beginner". For instance, I would think even a "beginner" could figure out a way to put all the loops together and make a semi-proper (even if it sounded like junk!) song, and I can't even do that!

I tried Ableton but it had waaaaay too many bugs, it's not a proper DAW in any way and sounded with no life, totally plastic.

We are totally off topic though, so on that note, I'll chime in that I was/am being disappointed with the Thermionic Phoenix's peformance on the 2buss. I am still only two weeks into owning a 2500 so I don't necessarily have a final firm opinion on it yet.

Phoenix can in my opinion be great on a synthbuss however, somehow that wasn't implied above, woops.
Okay. Some serious trolling here. Uses loops and MMM, but owns a $4500 compressor. Don't feed the troll.
Old 27th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Well thanks for brining this back from the dead.

Zombie thread warning.

T
Old 27th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
This is the worst post i've ever seen on this board. Worried about bus compression when you can't even program a drum loop!! UNREAL!!!
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to have no problem taking the time to learn enough about buss compression, at least enough to discuss it, but won't bother to even TRY, writing a simple melody. Even with zero knowledge of theory, we have all been listening to music our entire lives and know an out of tune note when we hear one. Jeeeeezzzzzzuuss.....lazy. And how boring.

Also, when I look at these old threads I am always surprised by the number of BANNED and 3+ infractions (suspended) stuff I see. I guess it happens around here more than I notice.
Old 27th November 2013
Lives for gear

He was obviously trolling 3phase, who was renowned on GS for dissing Ableton Live & the users of presets, loops or sample packs...
Old 27th November 2013
Lives for gear

haha well i hope so - anyone saying that kinda thing seriously should probably take a walk off a bridge.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search