The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tr 606 ? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

tr 606 ?

relatively new to analog; digital man for years now. made the switch.

just purchased a tr-606 drum machine. i might be completely ignorant to this, however, i cannot seem to get the patterns to completely clear. nor can i get the pattern to a complete 16 notes.

i tried every variation.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Are the batteries fresh? You also need to press and hold the Last Step (function) button and press the 16 step key.

Replace the batteries.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

i'm using an ac adapter. i tried the holding down the function and pressing the 16th step. for some reason it's just not working.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hmm... hope the CPU isn't messed up.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

could it possibly be the type of ac adapter i'm using?

are there any other symptoms to a faulty cpu?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Try to run it on fresh batteries, though I don't think, this will change the behavior..

What happens when you let's say set it to write mode, start the sequencer and program every of the 16 steps for any instrument? Will all 16 LEDs light and will all 16 16th-notes be played?

Most problems similar to yours are caused by faulty RAMs. The same goes for the 303, which uses the same SRAM-chips. The used SRAM is NEC's µPD444C. It's quite hard to find it nowadays, but sometime you find one on ebay for 20 bucks or so...
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Probably stating the obvious...but are the patterns set to 4/4?

I had one drumatix where the sequencer went bonkers, but it only affected the hihats for some strange reason.

...hope you will find a way to make yours working again.

good luck!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
I just bought a 606 a few days ago and was able to get it to work perfectly without any batteries in place.

Have you read the user's manual? It has a step-by-step process for clearing patterns and building new ones. As I learned the hard way, even the tiniest mistake can prevent you from getting the results you want.

And as somebody else mentioned, are you using the correct power adapter?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

You do have it in write mode and let the machine run while you hold down the function key and press step 16, right?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

sent it to me, i'll check it out, add the individual outs, and send it back good to go (after i release 4 records with it).
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 View Post
sent it to me, i'll check it out, add the individual outs, and send it back good to go (after i release 4 records with it).

Do you actually do that sort of thing, or are you just f$cking around?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by convex View Post
Do you actually do that sort of thing, or are you just f$cking around?
i have done the mod in the past and have been paid in Kraftwerk albums (first release vinyl).
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search