The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Kronos: Plug-In Implementation & Arp Desktop Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Korg Kronos: Plug-In Implementation & Arp

Hello,

Does anyone on here have any experience with the Kronos? How does the plug-in work within a DAW? Can there be seperate instances, or does it work like the Virus TI series (one plugin window controls up to 16 complex patches at a time)? I am hoping Korg write/present more about this. I've done some searches but have been unable to answer my question. Can anyone provide any handy links?

I know there's regular ARPS in some of the synth modules, but is there a way to avoid the Karma engine? I think the Karma function is neat and all, but a normal, programmable ARP is a 'must-have' for me. Can I still do simple stuff, or does Korg (on the Kronos) limit its simple arps to just certain synth engines?

Thanks in advance, and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Phil
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaver View Post
Hello,

Does anyone on here have any experience with the Kronos? How does the plug-in work within a DAW? Can there be seperate instances, or does it work like the Virus TI series (one plugin window controls up to 16 complex patches at a time)? I am hoping Korg write/present more about this. I've done some searches but have been unable to answer my question. Can anyone provide any handy links?

I know there's regular ARPS in some of the synth modules, but is there a way to avoid the Karma engine? I think the Karma function is neat and all, but a normal, programmable ARP is a 'must-have' for me. Can I still do simple stuff, or does Korg (on the Kronos) limit its simple arps to just certain synth engines?

Thanks in advance, and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Phil
I do own a Kronos, but unfortunately I can't help you with that, since the plugin hasn't been released yet. You can try contacting the Korg people on their website and maybe they'll give you some details. When you know something, post it here, I'm really looking forward to that and I hope I won't be disappointed.
Old 13th September 2011
Thanks for the reply. Most of my answers are found in the 1.5 update coming mid-October. Is there an easy way to program a simple octave switch for patches on the Kronos? I watched the hour long demo (on the site), but was unable to find anything related to this crucial feature!

Cheers,
PB
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search