The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midi channel issues in Cubase 5: JX-3P, Microkorg and SimArp Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Midi channel issues in Cubase 5: JX-3P, Microkorg and SimArp

I have 3 midi tracks. One for SimArp, an arpeggiator, another for my JX-3P that is controlled by the SimArp midi track, and another for my Microkorg.

I have my JX-3P set to midi channel 1 but it some how picks up midi from midi channel 2 when the arp is used. However if place the midi from SimArp on to the JX-3P's track it won't receive midi from channel 2. Silly me I forgot to record the tracks before exporting.
Attached Files

midi problem.wav (1.35 MB, 51 views)

Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here is the audio sample.
Attached Files

midi problem.wav (1.35 MB, 76 views)

Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Can someone help? Also, I have noticed that the same thing happens when I set the arp to the Microkorg.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Can you even set the midi channel on a 3P,i thought they were omni mode only ? Was 20 years since i had one so i don't quite remember.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

There is a trick where you can set it to channel 1. First you feed its midi out into its input. Then you hold 6 keys when you switch the synth on. What I don't get is why a track set to a different midi channel still effect the arp. I even tried a different vst arp and this still occured.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut
I don't know if it helps, but the JX3PDROM lets you set the JX3P to channel 3.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search