The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone here use a Monomachine to sequence a Micron? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

Anyone here use a Monomachine to sequence a Micron?

I like to use the parameter locks on the Monomachine's MIDI sequencer to automate patch changes on my external synths in the middle of a song. It works great with everything else, but for whatever reason, whenever I try it with my Alesis Micron, the patch selection jumps all over the place, with no logical pattern to where it ends up. Even if I specifically set up a patch for the memory slot the Micron jumps to, the next time I play the track it may very well jump somewhere else entirely. Has anyone else come across this or know a way to correct it?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, I know its a pretty specific question - if nobody knows I'll drop it after this.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Doesn't the Micron have a pretty weird Midi spec with a lot of NRPN? The Monomachine wouldn't be able to handle that.

You may want to try another Midi item in between to see if going Monomachine > Other > Micron has any positive impact. The other gear might have some kind of positive influence. Sounds nutty I know but I would swear I have read something like that somewhere.

The other thing to try would be to capture the Midi messages using Midi-OX or something. You could compare the Mono's midi to the midi of something that works consistently. Might tip you off in the right direction.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks. Thats alot deeper that I usually go with my MIDI implimentation, but I'll check it out.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sounds like you know what you're doing, so you've probably checked this out, but i'll throw it out there anyways. I'm going to assume it's something with the Micron, (i don't have one), simply because i use the MNM to sequence everything, including midi program changes, and have yet to have problems. Maybe the Micron has a midi filter, that has turned off the program change options? Some synths have that option.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search