The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Trident Help required Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Korg Trident Help required

Dear all,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I come from the Island of Malta in the Mediterranean. I have 2 KORG Trident MKI. One of them seems to be beyond repair due to a "burn out" caused by a surge in current. This I still keep for physical parts. I own another Trident MKI that used to work 100% but now for some reason is beginning to show signs of old age. The Trident is losing its tune from one octave to the other and now the SYNTH section is not working at all. At first it used to work after a few minutes of warming up but now it is completely dead. All preset lights are still functioning if this might help. I am not tchnically inclined so I can't make head or tails of the situation. To make matters worse, there are no technicians on the island who are ready to take on the job as they all seem to work on more modern stuff. I am therefore asking for any help out there. I need a technician (preferably based anywhere in Europe) that would be ready to service the TRIDENT. I would also consider selling both keyboards if I get a fair deal.

Thanks
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

recap the power supply.

i.e. replace all the capacitors in the power supply. you are experiencing the classic symptoms of dried out capacitors in your power supply.
Old 12th September 2011
In that case it might be sufficient to just ship the psu abroad, right?

BTW: If I may chime in here, I could use some Trident MKI schematics, and itabone might need them as well. I couldn't find them online - any ideas?

Cheers,
Bert
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search