The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Progressive House Pluck/Chords Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Progressive House Pluck/Chords

Hey Everyone,

So I've been trying to replicate the synth that's used prevalently in progressive house, but I'm stuck right now in trying to make it sound more clear and full. What I'm trying to achieve is something like this (:08) or like this (0:34).

With that being said, there are three questions I have:

Could anyone recommend a sound bank for either Massive or Sylenth1 that has something along these lines?

In the second example, it sounds like the pluck is being combined with dense keys to create a more full sound, but I'm not exactly sure if that's correct. Can someone shed some light on this? And if keys are being used, would anyone know how to achieve that sound as well?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Those aren't progressive house plucks, those are just typical cheesy supersaw chords. Google "Supersaw" and you'll get plenty of tutorials.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccanc View Post
Could anyone recommend a sound bank for either Massive or Sylenth1 that has something along these lines?
Sylenth1 already has these sounds in spades in the factory library. The knobs aren't just for decoration.

You do not need a soundbank for this.

One reason that it may not sound like that out of the box is because there's quite a bit of compression thrown over it. Even then, JP-supersaw emulation is different from Sylenth1's version (which consist of turning up the number of voices and moving the detune knob to max) - the quality is different for a number of reasons explained on JP6K

Quote:
In the second example, it sounds like the pluck is being combined with dense keys to create a more full sound, but I'm not exactly sure if that's correct.
Yes, that's true. Simply open up 2 instances of Sylenth1 - or add Massive (there's an arpeggio sound in Massive's library that's called "Butterfly Stance" which will already get you there.
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

@Eric J I now realize that I've been searching for the wrong thing this entire time. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction; I did find a bunch of tutorials.

@Yoozer thank you for clarifying this and also for giving me the tip about Massive. As I said before the help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12th September 2011

@ ~0:58 those are Progressive House plucks
Old 12th September 2011

whats the super saw preset on the roland sh201 sound like compared to the 'original' roland jp8000 supersaw?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search