The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Subforum is Great! Channel Strip Plugins
Old 12th September 2011
New Subforum is Great!

Thanks mods!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

+1
I was so surprised to see it when I did.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Agreed! A pleasantly pleasing surprise indeed!!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

[SUCK UP]
Once more proven what amazing moderators and forum we got and why this one of the two forums that I am active at the moment.
[/SUCK UP]

Old 12th September 2011
lol
thanks guys
more cool stuff on the way
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
lol
thanks guys
how about an analog vs digital subforum ?
Old 12th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
you're in it
Old 12th September 2011
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Yup!

Best monthly contributor will earn a free Roland SH-101 ....

....fridge magnet.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
analogues are dead get over it.
Old 12th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
....fridge magnet.
Old 12th September 2011
Ill take a usb synth!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

agreed, it's a great addition and it's fantastic that the mods in the electronic forum actually listen to the users and care about their opinions.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yep liking this.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
analogues are dead get over it.
Yeah, they are virtually worthless compared to the mighty new iPhone (or iPad) synths...
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Those mods are either real nice guys or they just got worn out by all the whining!

I noticed another new subsection just now. Instrument reviews. Is this for us to place our reviews of gear?

I would also like to suggest an Electronic Music Instruments For sale/ Classifieds for us. Not that I do alot of buying and selling here, but I might if I found some deals.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

It seems like a lot of the threads so far are people posting finished tracks... as opposed to people seeking feedback in order to develop a current project.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
It seems like a lot of the threads so far are people posting finished tracks... as opposed to people seeking feedback in order to develop a current project.
... my point being... (here) I'm more inclined to hear works in progress- where people are after advice on how to improve... rather than fixed final works; If I want to find new music, there are more focused ways of finding things relevant to my tastes.

EDIT: It might be useful if people prefixed thread titles of tracks seeking help; something like 'FEEDBACK NEEDED: post-house-dub-funk-whatever'
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
... my point being... (here) I'm more inclined to hear works in progress- where people are after advice on how to improve... rather than fixed final works; If I want to find new music, there are more focused ways of finding things relevant to my tastes.
I didnt even consider this until I posted my freebies and realized that it does not really fit into the idea of getting feedback. I am the first guilty one of doing this. You are right! We should be asking for tips or advice to get better sound and not posting our complete works. Ill try to minimize my spam.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
I didnt even consider this until I posted my freebies and realized that it does not really fit into the idea of getting feedback. I am the first guilty one of doing this. You are right! We should be asking for tips or advice to get better sound and not posting our complete works. Ill try to minimize my spam.
I edited my post, more than likely while you were typing:

Quote:
EDIT: It might be useful if people prefixed thread titles of tracks seeking help; something like 'FEEDBACK NEEDED: post-house-dub-funk-whatever'

... I'm not meaning to break peoples' balls here... it's just... a bit nebulous at present.

... some random ambiguous thread... I don't want to patronise someone saying 'yeah, you should do blah blah blah, and blah blah blah'....... only to find that the track went on release two years ago!!!
It would be useful to have clear distinction as to what is a work in progress, seeking advice... and what is simply just for our listening pleasure.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

agreed. i have no real interest in hearing finished work.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Should the sub-forum perhaps be called

'Post your (electronic) music here!'

instead of

'Post your (electronic music) here!'

?

If you remove the parentheses from the current title, it just reads

'Post your here!'

... which doesn't seem to make any sense.
Old 15th September 2011
lol, I agree. I am with the prefix idea and will go with that for future music posts.
Old 16th September 2011
We could always follow some unofficial rules like posting the genre in brackets in the beginning of the thread tittle. If a track is finished and/or released then the genre, artist name and track name should be the only things on the thread tittle and if it's unfinished then "WIP" should be somewhere in there.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
We could always follow some unofficial rules like posting the genre in brackets in the beginning of the thread tittle. If a track is finished and/or released then the genre, artist name and track name should be the only things on the thread tittle and if it's unfinished then "WIP" should be somewhere in there.
me like this very much, you got my vote
Old 16th September 2011
And now a reviews sub forum for you guys too.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
And now a reviews sub forum for you guys too.
thanks jules for the sub forum , amazing job.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search