The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Info on this Synth?
Old 11th September 2011
Here for the gear

Info on this Synth?

First off, here's a link to an advert of someone selling it:

Vintage Japanese Synth Organ For Sale in Rathfarnham, Dublin. Buy Keyboards and Synthesizers

Now I need to know more about it. I can't find anything on it from my googling. All I keep getting is the ARP little Brother & Brother typewriters!:P

And finally, how much is this guy overcharging on a synth with literally no information other than what he's reckoning?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH90 View Post
First off, here's a link to an advert of someone selling it:

Vintage Japanese Synth Organ For Sale in Rathfarnham, Dublin. Buy Keyboards and Synthesizers

Now I need to know more about it. I can't find anything on it from my googling. All I keep getting is the ARP little Brother & Brother typewriters!:P

And finally, how much is this guy overcharging on a synth with literally no information other than what he's reckoning?
??? I was expecting maybe a Univox aka pre-Korg. Anyone know if Brother printers, they also made sewing machines, had anything to do with Roland? The buttons look almost early Roland-ish.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Oh you should definitely buy that, whatever it is!
Old 11th September 2011
Deleted User
It is not a synth but an organ. Anyhow a cool instrument, go for it.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Looks like it's the same model as the Baldwin Discoverer. Brother made and/or rebadged a couple other sequencers and things, but as far as I'm aware it was nothing remarkable.

It might be worth having as a "conversation piece", or more if you're specifically into that sort of thing. Maybe the drum machine lets you combine patterns. I have a larger collection of Casios and things than I'd care to admit, but wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. It's far more likely to be a dust collector than a secret weapon.
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreil View Post
Looks like it's the same model as the Baldwin Discoverer. Brother made and/or rebadged a couple other sequencers and things, but as far as I'm aware it was nothing remarkable.

It might be worth having as a "conversation piece", or more if you're specifically into that sort of thing. Maybe the drum machine lets you combine patterns. I have a larger collection of Casios and things than I'd care to admit, but wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. It's far more likely to be a dust collector than a secret weapon.
Brilliant work my friend!

& I assumed it was going to be complete crap for that amount of cash (but of course assumptions will only get you so far). If he had of said anything under €50 maybe I'd go for it, but like you said, I'll probably hardly get any use out of it & it'll be left to rot in, from the guy's description & photo evidence, it's already busted form.

I just think it's nonsense for this guy to be looking for so much when he has little or no idea what it actually is or it's genuine worth, & then when he gets a clean €100 offer he chances it further..... I love that website, but damn it, there are some real tools on it!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreil View Post
..It's far more likely to be a dust collector than a secret weapon.
That was my first thought, yea. Organs can be had for no money.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search