The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multiple automations in FL Studio?
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Multiple automations in FL Studio?

I've been at FL Studio for a little while now and like to think of myself as not a total noob and I usually try to figure stuff out myself before I ask questions but this one has got me stumped.

I have a kick instrument in a ghost sidechain that has a peak controller in the mixer. I have it set so that the volume of the main synth is linked to this controller. The mapping formula is Inverse. I also have an automation clip for the same volume knob in the step sequencer, that simply fades the synth in over 8 bars.

The main effect is of course the sine-wave-ish effect caused by the sidechain, and it all works fine once the track has been fully faded in after the other automation. But the problem is that while it's fading in it sounds **** because for some reason it's starting off at full volume but dipping out straight away, and then as the fade-in automation advances, it drops out less slowly over time until it's at full volume where it's wobbling it really nicely.

I know that one 'solution' would be just to have one of the automations linked instead to the volume fader in the mixer, but that's what causes my problem in the first place. I was mucking around with leveling and having some sort of attempt at a mixdown of what I currently had, mucking around with the levels and eq's etc, but if there's any controller on the volume in the mixer then I can't freely adjust it because the automation overrides it.

How do I get my nice sidechain wobble to fade in over time, without automating the channel volume in the mixer?

Anything would be appreciated =)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search