The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fair Price for a Microwave XT Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditabeardmemo View Post
JEBEQ, I'm the guy who bought your Microwave XT rack last month. What a great piece! I own a Microwave 1 revision A as well, and they're very complimentary to each other.
Holy cow, how is my baby doing? As soon as i sold it I knew I made a mistake and now I will have to look for one in as good condition as the one I sold you. I have been thinking of looking for a Phoenix Q also but have read mixed reviews, maybe if i find a Phoenix Q Plus I'll jump on it. I wonder if those analog filters are worth it?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CfNorENa View Post
Edgar Froese.
In my book, that confirms your side of the story! heh
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen-da-sizer View Post
In my book, that confirms your side of the story! heh
Is he known to be a hothead?

Anyway, after deciding that it was almost certainly the real Edgar Froese, I wrote back very diplomatically. But he never responded. I guess I won't be invited to play in his studio...
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CfNorENa View Post
Is he known to be a hothead?
He probably has changed the members of TD more often than someone would change their underwear. That usually indicates a highly opinionated person, who is not easy to get along with. Not that that is an entirely bad thing. Without it, he would not have stayed in business for so long.

Get his signature on the XT and pay full price! heh
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Wow! It might be worth the slightly above average cost to pick it up from him - but imagine you're not a fan. Still, I do find his reply a tad bizarre... You didn't ask anything extraordinary, and I'd ask the exact same thing (about the price vs. voice expansion). Well, either way, kind of a good story if nothing else.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

i don't think ed froese lives in the bay area. the seller was dicking with you.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitandtieguy View Post
i don't think ed froese lives in the bay area. the seller was dicking with you.
I really don't think that is the language a 60+ YO german would use. Unless he was mocking language used in the original message.

I dunno, I would probably be bitter too if someone "expressed their view that the price was too much". I find it works a lot better to say, "Hey I'm really interested and have always wanted one, but I'm short on cash. Are you completely firm on the price?" and wait for them to respond before naming a price.

What did you put as your favorite band?

Anyway, I'd love to try one someday. Maybe Waldorf will make a MIDI controller for a software version. heh ...I'd buy a Wave sized MIDI controller no questions.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Duh. I feel stupid. I don't think Froese lives in the States either. For some reason my mind was placing Christopher Franke who does live in California (LA) and could be living in or having a second home in the Bay Area. It also doesn't quite sound like what I would expect Froese to say, to me it doesn't sound like the type of response from a German. So, likely a Froese fan with a sketchy attitude.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

This thought certainly crossed my mind. After all, that doesn't quite read like a text written by a 67-year old from eastern Europe! But the XT was listed in Petaluma, and when I googled "Edgar Froese Petaluma," I got several hits (all of which seemed legitimate). There have also been several high end or rare pieces on my local craigslist coming out of Petaluma. Also, for those of you not familiar with the area, it is a very wealthy area (nice suburb of San Francisco) and has a pretty strong arts culture.

Dunno. On balance, I'd say it's likely to be the real Edgar Froese. But could easily be some idiot with too much time on his hands...
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBEQ View Post
Holy cow, how is my baby doing? As soon as i sold it I knew I made a mistake and now I will have to look for one in as good condition as the one I sold you. I have been thinking of looking for a Phoenix Q also but have read mixed reviews, maybe if i find a Phoenix Q Plus I'll jump on it. I wonder if those analog filters are worth it?
It's great! Sorry I had to take it off your hands. I put it to work the week I received it on this track:

Descriptive (Rough Mix 09.10.11) by hypefactor_band on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The XT was used for the digital pads at 1:06, 2:08 and 2:26. What really struck me was that it effortlessly stood out in a complicated mix; other boards often need a little extra help to cut through. The XT, on the other hand, had no compression or EQ on the way in, and just a slight high pass in the mix.

If you're looking for an interesting analog/digital hybrid, maybe look for a Microwave A? Or an Ensoniq SQ-80?
Old 5th June 2015
Here for the gear

Hi Guys,

I would like to resurrect this topic because i expect that prizes changed a little since 2011:]

i have quite rare 30 voices version of Microwave XT and i am thinking about selling it, but i have no idea what is fair price now.
Old 5th June 2015
Ksp
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSN View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to resurrect this topic because i expect that prizes changed a little since 2011:]

i have quite rare 30 voices version of Microwave XT and i am thinking about selling it, but i have no idea what is fair price now.
£750 uk i would say , i see basic xt all the time selling for £600 or so .Ignore ebay prices or many as that places is an idiots guide to pricing.
Old 25th June 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
£750 uk i would say , i see basic xt all the time selling for £600 or so .Ignore ebay prices or many as that places is an idiots guide to pricing.
Yeah thats quite near what i was thinking about, prices on ebay are mad often, thats why i am asking here))

thanks a lot!
Old 25th June 2015
Ksp
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSN View Post
Yeah thats quite near what i was thinking about, prices on ebay are mad often, thats why i am asking here))

thanks a lot!
ebays just not reality in many respects , i buy the odd bit of old vinyle records and again on there you have Tons of people inflating **** , its quite depressing as non of them seem to realise they look like morons and greedy which they are.

There are very few bargains to be had on ebay now , its chock full of armchair dealers or ' renovators ' who buy the stuff , either do fk all to it or spend like £300 on it and then add £1000 on , sit on it and wait like a guy trying to catch a dumb fish , their bubble burst a bit though and its why you see this stuff sat on ebay for months and months now.

Last edited by Ksp; 25th June 2015 at 02:59 PM..
Old 16th July 2015
Deleted User
Not a single XT available for Canadians on ebay. It is slim pickings.
I have 2 Blofeld keyboards
Have ordered a Sledge (Waldorf engine)

I'd like an XT, but can not find one.
Most Americans on ebay do not shop to Canada.
Whilst most Canadians have no problem shipping elsewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
ebays just not reality in many respects , i buy the odd bit of old vinyle records and again on there you have Tons of people inflating **** , its quite depressing as non of them seem to realise they look like morons and greedy which they are.

There are very few bargains to be had on ebay now , its chock full of armchair dealers or ' renovators ' who buy the stuff , either do fk all to it or spend like £300 on it and then add £1000 on , sit on it and wait like a guy trying to catch a dumb fish , their bubble burst a bit though and its why you see this stuff sat on ebay for months and months now.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
Whilst most Canadians have no problem shipping elsewhere!
Classic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search