The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new vintage synths Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
Yes the 106/60 is limited but that's not the point, in fact its not the point of any synth imho. The tone is the key factor. For example the ax60 could have every bell and whistle possible, but if you dont like it's inherant tone..its game over.

Cant stand the Jx-3p but I really like the Poly61 for that reason.

Yeh, the JP8 came from Japan to sell on. It sold for £7000. I offered it here to a couple of people.
Oh yeah I agree there, features alone are not the main thing. Sound is. And juno does sound nice. Pretty much always. In the case of the 106 in particular I've found it sounding very 'generic' and it's tone, while nice, doesn't do anything for me in 2011. Back in the 90s.. yes!!! I had a Juno 6 for a couple of years in the 90s and loved it, eventually grew tired of the Juno sound..... tried the alphas for a different tastes and believe it or not found some subtle preferences towards the AJs over the 106, ultimately it was always a 'too safe' sounding synth to me (all junos)

SH-101 , Polysix - both limited synths (but I'd say P6 isn't as limited as Juno) but I love the tone of both of them.. big time. I like simple synths too if their sound suits my ears/music which they do, Juno is perhaps for me just too 'juno'
Old 12th September 2011
Amazing stories!

A couple of years ago there was a story in Keyboard Magazine about a guy who had five or six Moog Memorymoogs sitting in a warehouse after a music store had left the place. Apparently he had bought the remains of the store or something like that, and this was around 2001 or something like that. They were all brand new, having been stored there for 20 years or so. Perhaps the info is on the net somewhere. He contacted Keyboard so they could go over there and take pictures.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search