The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland s-750 VGA monitor option?
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Roland s-750 VGA monitor option?

I've searched the forum and found some people that have made this work. It seems that to get the digital RGB out to a VGA monitor you need some type of scan up converter/scan doubler? Can anyone who has done this successfully- please tell me what make/model converter you've used? I've got the right cable, but just need to find the converter.

I'm aware you can track down old atari, phillips, etc monitors and use those or use the black/white composite out. I really just want to incorporate the s750 into my existing LCD monitor setup with VGA inputs.

thanks-
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear
The easiest way to integrate the s-series video output with a modern computer, so long as you don't mind black and white, is to get a s-video to USB converter. These can be found for $10 or so. Then you can have the sampler vid output as a window on your desktop.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

The slickest thing i ever saw was a user (Don Solaris i believe) running a Roland S 7x0 on his regular computer screen via a video capture card.

Blackmagic Design: Intensity
Something like this. I don't really know if that particular one works with a S7x0 but something similar.

EDIT: Found it!
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/4113507-post3.html
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear
Would you rather pay $295 or $2.95?

Search for: Easycap S-video USB Capture adapter
Old 7th October 2011
Lives for gear

if its any help i used the guy in the following link to make me a cable (din to scart) and i bought a 10 inch colour tv as a monitor.
just send him a mail and a link to the pinouts

Roland s-750 VGA monitor option?Atari ST High Quality RGB Gold Scart Lead TV cable | eBay

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search