The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ZeeEdit editor for FS1R? Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

ZeeEdit editor for FS1R?

Does anybody have hands-on experience with the zeeEdit editor compared to the free Sakura editor? My main gripe with the free editor is that communication between software and FS1R is very slow and it takes forever to update some of the settings (loading voices into performances etc.) Is ZeeEdit speedier and easier to work with? Worth the money?

ZeeEdit - MIDI editor

FS1R Editor English Version - Download -
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Nobody used this? The Demo version does not make a a physical connection to the FS1R. Before I buy this, i just wanted to know if this is faster than the free Sakura editor which takes forever to dump and receive data. Thanks!
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I've used it quite a lot and imho it's the best FS1R editor out there. It most definitely is WAY quicker at editing than the Sakura editor because it doesn't constantly request dumps every time you change a patch. It also crashes less (although it's not infallible).

I even run it on a Mac via VM Ware Fusion. Works fine
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Head

Hey, thanks! Good to know. Those constant data dump slow-downs are a pain indeed. Sounds like I'll have to buy it.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

I gave this a spin and it is definitely faster and more convenient than the Sakura editor, Buyer beware though: This guy is using key file copy protection and does not allow the software to be installed on any other computer than the one that was initially licensed. If you buy a new computer, you will have to buy a new license.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search