The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JX3P Problem
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

JX3P Problem

Just picked up a JX3P, the Chorus doesn't seem to be working. When the button is active the sound is still the same, would there be sound passing through even if it was shot? Anyone know if this is a simple fix?

Bit of a bugger as seems a nice synth, bit like a Juno but different.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytranzmit View Post
bit like a Juno but better.
Fixed that for you.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Shame you can't fix this broken Chorus

The button can be switched on and off but, there's just no change in the sound and flicking through the presets that have the chorus active in the patch is the same so can't be a connection I wouldn't have thought. Really bummed about this. Not sure whether to hold onto it or get the money back.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Could be dead BBD chips. I have some if you need them.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I say keep it and DIY fix it, or run it through outboard FX and enjoy it even more.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estin View Post
I say keep it and DIY fix it, or run it through outboard FX and enjoy it even more.
+1 and if you do the KiwiTechnics upgrade you can save some money by not having to do the chorus mod.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been mulling this over since last night and I do feel I should keep it even with the fault. The only thing that puts me off is I didn't get it at a bargain price but, then everything seems to be rising more as time goes on.

Would an Alpha Juno 2 have the same chorus chip, or how much are they to replace etc?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search