The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advise needed. Sylenth1 or Zebra2? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Interesting topic.

I will be adding Zebra 2 in the near future.

I own a virus Ti, and would like to know if it it would also make sense to add Sylenth 1, given that I have a Virus Ti ?

Thanks.
Now that I have had my Ti for a few weeks I would say if you already have it you can fairly safely skip Sylenth. Owning a Ti doesn't make Sylenth sound any less good, but you're just spending money on presets at that point because you already have that generalized area covered very well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
Now that I have had my Ti for a few weeks I would say if you already have it you can fairly safely skip Sylenth. Owning a Ti doesn't make Sylenth sound any less good, but you're just spending money on presets at that point because you already have that generalized area covered very well.

Thanks for the feedback/advice.

I had the same impression, I guess Zebra 2 will be a much better complement to the Virus Ti, plus, I don't feel very comfortable with the status of Sylenth development, it feels like it has been ignored, and nothing new is coming from the developer for so long.
Old 17th September 2011
I have both, would recommend zebra first. Its more flexible to me. I had the virus sold it and kept both of the softs.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

I sold my virus.

If i wanna make something digital I also use Zebra or ACE.

I think you gonna enjoy ACE more than Zebra.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

They're realy all just about as good sonically in my opinion so it comes down to features and interface. Ti kills a few birds with one stone and helps clean up the desk.

Also wanted to clarify I was a gigantic Sylenth fan before purchasing the Virus so I'm pretty familiar with it and had a good grasp of its character and reactions for the sake of comparison.

I will in all honestly tell you *THAT IN MY OPINION* the Virus "sounds" no better than the upper echelon software options, including all of those that have been discussed here.

It just helped me consolidate some things tidyness wise and gave me an incredibly powerful "go-to". Before this, Sylenth was that "go-to".

I can get sounds that I need quickly and operate as I'd prefer to which is primarily on screen with visual parameters and the like. The huge factor however is, while I believe their sonic "quality" is equal, the options and featureset on the Virus allow it to not only be an immediate go to, but also affords you the chance to dive as deep as you need to.

Sylenth's only real weakness is one of its biggest strengths, its very simple and subsequently easy to use. The Virus to me feels like the the "intermediate" to Sylenths "beginner".

Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointsource View Post
I sold my virus.

If i wanna make something digital I also use Zebra or ACE.

I think you gonna enjoy ACE more than Zebra.
Oh yeah.. well we weren't talking about that one .. but yes ACE is very good.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

For anyone else making the choice between sylenth and something else, I would take a look at Dune, I think it sounds better and it is far deeper, make your own mind up though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search