The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Mono /Poly prices
Old 3rd July 2018
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
....... but get the same synth and put a Roland logo on the back and suddenly its worth its price, given much more of a chance and seen in an entirely different positive light
Kinda OT....

Any chance you start building MonoPoly wooden cases?

Those that are on the sale at eBay don't look too impressive. I wish someone would make that sexy Voyager OS type of wood case.

Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Kinda OT....

Any chance you start building MonoPoly wooden cases?

Those that are on the sale at eBay don't look too impressive. I wish someone would make that sexy Voyager OS type of wood case.
I have done a few full cases in the past, but tbh, people don't seem to understand the time, effort & expenditure put in on larger projects like this and expect to pay almost laughable prices. I tend to concentrate on the smaller stuff as its a more realistic market.

When I retire one day, I will probably do stuff like this though as there's less incentive on making a living.

Thanks for enquiry though
Old 3rd July 2018
I bought my Mono/poly mint in 1998 for $250. Then I sold it in 2003 for $600, after I'd made a module out of it with solid wood sides, added a sample/hold, MIDI, and filter input. At that time I thought I'd really done well recouping that much.
Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear
I've found that it's usefulness has held up despite having grown a lot of eurorack over the years. A lot of other mono synths have kinda lost their point as my system grew, but there is something about the dual sync/xmod section, audio rate LFO , 4 oscillators, and dual wheels that make it always fun. The filter character is more uncommon than I had imagined it was back when it was one of my only analogs.
My only wish would be that it was 1/2 to 3/4 the size.
Old 3rd July 2018
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post

I have done a few full cases in the past, but tbh, people don't seem to understand the time, effort & expenditure put in on larger projects like this and expect to pay almost laughable prices. I tend to concentrate on the smaller stuff as its a more realistic market.

When I retire one day, I will probably do stuff like this though as there's less incentive on making a living.
Just slap the full price and don't worry. People who can afford a MonoPoly can afford a proper case. Existing ones with fake wood look like they were build in some third world communist country.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search