The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
midi channel splitter box? MIDI Processors
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

midi channel splitter box?

does anyone know of such a box that will enable me to send 'only' a selected channel to a synth?

see, i've got a couple of synths hooked up but one of them seems to be unable to be set to anything other than 'omni'..

so i was wondering if there's a hardware solution that will enable me to send it only the desired channel?

(the other synth, i can select it's 'receive' channel)

thanks x
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaking View Post
does anyone know of such a box that will enable me to send 'only' a selected channel to a synth?

see, i've got a couple of synths hooked up but one of them seems to be unable to be set to anything other than 'omni'..

so i was wondering if there's a hardware solution that will enable me to send it only the desired channel?

(the other synth, i can select it's 'receive' channel)

thanks x
Look for a Roland MPU-103, Anatek Pocket Channel or one of the boxes from MIDI Solutions.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
I've also got a bunch of omni only synths.

Yamaha MEP4 if wicked.

4 outs. It can do all sorts of handy things like strip certain info.. Transpose.. Even midi delay.
It's a handy bit of kit. Highly recommended.

I've got mine setup to spit 4 different midi channels to the 4 outs + I strip all the unwanted midi info.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search