The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Access Virus TI Desktop Synthesizers
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

Access Virus TI

What do you guys think of the Access Virus TI? I've seen a couple Youtube videos on it and it sounds amazing but I'm wondering how easy it is to use and how flexible it is.
Also is there a stand alone software version available out there for those that don't want/need the outboard gear?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's been talked about quite a bit here. The Search option will help you.

And no, Access does not make a software-only version. There have also been threads on what software sounds similar to it. Again, use the Search and you should have no trouble finding those.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Sound View Post
What do you guys think of the Access Virus TI? I've seen a couple Youtube videos on it and it sounds amazing but I'm wondering how easy it is to use and how flexible it is.
Also is there a stand alone software version available out there for those that don't want/need the outboard gear?
Yes, there is a software-only version of the virus (Virus Powercore, which is basically an Indigo VSTi), but, as far as I know, it's been OOP for a while and it's no longer supported. Not to mention it's not compatible with the latest TI series.

Anyhow, the TI synths can be totally integrated (that's what TI stands for) into your DAW and act like they were VSTi's. All you need is a USB cable. Unfortunately, a standalone application for the TI is not provided, but there are several ways to make a standalone from a VSTi. This free application, for example, can turn any VST into a standalone:

VSTHost
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

yes nothing like a $3K vst plugin.

JK
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi61 View Post
Yes, there is a software-only version of the virus (Virus Powercore, which is basically an Indigo VSTi), but, as far as I know, it's been OOP for a while and it's no longer supported. Not to mention it's not compatible with the latest TI series.

Anyhow, the TI synths can be totally integrated (that's what TI stands for) into your DAW and act like they were VSTi's.

Like a VSTi that can not synch the arpeggiator to the host tempo, that is.

Regardless, it's a great synth, even though the TI part is a it crap.

I bought one second hand, and I already had the powercore one, and I love it. It is a very versatile synth and the only thing I own that compares is omnisphere.

Actually, omnisphere probably surpasses it in many things.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Sound View Post
how easy it is to use
Access Music | Virus TI Programmers Boot Camp

Quote:
and how flexible it is.
What YT videos have you been watching, then?

Quote:
Hahahaha.

No. They wouldn't be able to sell the hardware anymore if that was the case.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search