The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does this exist?- Plug-in RANDOMISED tape delay with configurable settings/delay time Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Does this exist?- Plug-in RANDOMISED tape delay with configurable settings/delay time

I'm thinking something along the lines of Livecut; like a glitch plug-in... but rather than the typical glitch, just be tape delays.

I ideally want to be able to specify the maximum phrase length (eg 1 bar, 0.5 bars), and the potential, synced delay times I (say 16th, 16th dotted, 8th, 8th dotted).
Then have the device randomise wet level, feedback level, delay time.

Preference for tape/virtual analogue/dubby style delay (gradually dulling repeats).

I know I can easily just record some automation... but still...

Anyone know of anything like this?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

obelisk by artifical audio sounds like it will give you what you need, failing that you could use xfer lfo tool to randomise and modulate various parameters of one of your existing tape delay plugs.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
I'm thinking something along the lines of Livecut; like a glitch plug-in... but rather than the typical glitch, just be tape delays.

I ideally want to be able to specify the maximum phrase length (eg 1 bar, 0.5 bars), and the potential, synced delay times I (say 16th, 16th dotted, 8th, 8th dotted).
Then have the device randomise wet level, feedback level, delay time.

Preference for tape/virtual analogue/dubby style delay (gradually dulling repeats).

I know I can easily just record some automation... but still...

Anyone know of anything like this?
Fabfilter Timeless 2 is what you are looking for. Just setup some lfo's, tempo sync them to the song tempo and modulate the delay timings with it while being in tape mode. You can modulate almost all parameters with lfo's, evelope's/followers, XY pads MIDI and suck crazy stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMUy...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNzbA...layer_embedded
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovas View Post
Fabfilter Timeless 2
Ohhhh yeahhh... nice one!... I already have this from a group-buy years ago... haven't even opened it for ages! Will give it a go!

Do the LFOs have a random setting? I guess I should just try it!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
Ohhhh yeahhh... nice one!... I already have this from a group-buy years ago... haven't even opened it for ages! Will give it a go!

Do the LFOs have a random setting? I guess I should just try it!
Are you crazy?? That plugin is the best of the best, watch the videoturorials I posted.. Force yourself to use it, it has it all, even sidechaining, it sounds great and is also creative cause of the modular approach!

Oh and yes, the LFO steps can be added acting ramdom. But you can do far more crazy stuff, like switching to lfo snap mode, so you can modulate the filler frequency of the delay according to your keyboard..

Download the manual, install it and never stop using it!
Old 8th September 2011
+1 Yeah FabFilter is crazy deep, don't sleep on it. I use it on almost every track!

Hey Jovas where are your video tuts?

Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

MSL & Scott,

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdavidson View Post
obelisk by artifical audio sounds like it will give you what you need, failing that you could use xfer lfo tool to randomise and modulate various parameters of one of your existing tape delay plugs.
Just looked this up... looks great too!

Ta
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

have you checked out Lexicon Native? RandomDelay with several paramaters.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Also do check out u-he's More Feedback Machine.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
+1 Yeah FabFilter is crazy deep, don't sleep on it. I use it on almost every track!

Hey Jovas where are your video tuts?

Not mine, Dan Worralls Youtube tutorials for Fabfilter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMUy...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNzbA...layer_embedded
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

echo boy by soundtoys can do some crazy rhythmic delays

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search