The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Image-Line Harmor Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 14th September 2011
  #61
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
I am forced to use Mac at work, it is such a pleasure to get home to my PC.
Don't believe you.

Unless it's some clapped out old g4/g5 thing.
Old 14th September 2011
  #62
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
Thanks Pinnacle; we heard you the first time. Jeez.

How many people who use Windows everyday at work go home and use a mac? Likely millions. How many people who use OS X everyday at work and go home to use Windows? Probably 20 kids who want to play Mass Effect 3 all night. Don't worry kids, that's what bootcamp is for.


Played with it in bootcamp partition and yes, Harmor is pretty damn sweet.
What is pinnacle? Any way I don't feel any affections for box as macheads pep does. If the box gives me more compatibility , more performance, more wide range of software selections it'll be the choice. It's okay if it is a toy but at the scrified of those things fancy logo and eyecandy animations are never the 1st priority, I think. That's the professionalism.

Quote:
Yaaaawn, exactly..
It's been coded in Delphi. Are there anyone using basic additive synth for your work? What is the appeal to you in using besic additive synth? (it's okay if it doesn't have resynthesis.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
Don't believe you.

Unless it's some clapped out old g4/g5 thing.

How old are you? I feel sorry for you...
Old 14th September 2011
  #63
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
..
It's been coded in Delphi. Are there anyone using basic additive synth for your work? What is the appeal to you in using besic additive synth? (it's okay if it doesn't have resynthesis.)..
No, sorry, I'm basically only using subtractive analog, and I haven't tried the Harmor.
But I'm thinking I might as well get the demo, to try something new.
Old 14th September 2011
  #64
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
..

Not only do they remain in a 32 bit programming architecture, but they currently have no way out of what could be a total extinction of their platform.

Food for thought.
I saw a thread about it on image-line support forum, developer claimed it didn't matter, FL can be run at 64bit virtually.

They are probably waiting to see if 64 bit Delphi arrives at some point, otherwise they'll have to rewrite it in another language, I don't think it's the first time someone had to do that. I have a hard time believing they would just drop everything and run, it wouldn't make much sense.
Old 14th September 2011
  #65
Lives for gear
 
Susceptor's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
Check out the poll from 2007 and then imagine what almost 5 years without a working 64 bit compiler has done to the percentages.
Here is a 2011 updated POLL

Sorry, I can't accept Java being on the first place, I was certain programmers knew better than this.
Old 14th September 2011
  #66
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
Not sure what running at 64 bit virtually means.
Neither do I. I don't remember the explanation, it can probably be found by googling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
..
As for taking the money and run. Or perhaps take the money then release a totally new product @ 64 bit, hoping to win over all the old lifetime free update users.
Who knows? But with large discounts for previous users, that could 'work'. Another scenario is that they are working on or researching for a new version now, with FL Studio continuing on as now, who knows?
Perhaps they will release new Harmors when the time comes, whenever that time is, and not charge for continued updates? That's what they've done so far.

What do you mean disappointed by the update scheme? Lifetime Free Updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
..
this is going to get a lot of people's hopes up only to be disappointed like fl studio's lifetime free updates scheme.

Old 14th September 2011
  #67
Lives for gear
 
Susceptor's Avatar
 

Still better than that Cubase crap.
Old 14th September 2011
  #68
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
..
The software actually requires you to pay more money to get the assortment of plugins and samples a producer and artist really needs...
Yea, that's awful.

Do you think you should get Harmor because you bought FL Studio? Do you think Waves should pull their old plugins, like Q10 or L1 so people can't load their old projects, just because they haven't been updated with features?

Get Reason, I think that's what you're looking for, that's a complete package with everything the producer and artist really needs, just not what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
I do own their software since version 3.0.
I haven't used their software in a project for almost 2 years...
Love this post. Version 3 was when, 10-12 years ago? No wonder the plugins are a bit dull if you're using that. Why not update?

Last edited by GeorgeHayduke; 14th September 2011 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Another quote..
Old 14th September 2011
  #69
Lives for gear
 
ChristianRock's Avatar
 

If we cut out all the OT posts from this thread, I bet we'll be down to less than half a page...

I guess soft synths can't be properly discussed in this forum. That's sad.
Old 14th September 2011
  #70
Lives for gear
 
cdog's Avatar
Sadly this thread is an epic failure, however I am going to check out the demo.
Old 15th September 2011
  #71
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
Not sure what running at 64 bit virtually means. But, what it doesn't mean is running 64 bit native plugins without bridging and using over 4 GBs of RAM.

You have to remember that FL Studio is a 32 bit native application. So you will be limited to about 3.4 GBs of core host RAM after the system allocations.

Then you have to minus available memory from each instance of bridge, wrapper or any other layer you're working with inside FL Studio's unique architecture.

You can clearly see where 64 bit native and 64 bit virtual differ. And when it comes to large professional projects, it's a no brainer.

As for taking the money and run. Or perhaps take the money then release a totally new product @ 64 bit, hoping to win over all the old lifetime free update users.

Keep in mind that Windows 8 might be 64 bit only, if not, then windows 9. That means people will be stuck in an outdated operating system, outdated host program and outdated plugins for the sake of lifetime free updates to demo versions?

Food for thought.
Noisiy minority like you tend to hope useless , at least now , 64bit native. They are wanting it just because they heard some company's sales copy "hey 64bit is professional". I remember those things in the past. Firewire gives superior sound to USB, PowerPC is superiot to Intel's, this daw has better sound endgine and etc. But the reality is usualy different from the sales copy. Yes same goes to 64bit native crap at present. No one want to sacrifice a CPU to fancy 64bit native logo. Professional composer is using their fav instruments and effect to create their music. Most of them are still 32bit native and all of them are works more CPU friendly on 32bit native host.

Your argument sounds mealy grumbling that you want 64bit just for nothing to me. I don't know what kind of person you actually are , I'm bored with 64bit native campaign fanboys who are't actually using plugins to make music as this thread's conversation indicates that gearslutz (is it better to add this note "Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production"?) user are rather interested in arguing his computers , programing language and system environment than designing sound , finding a new method in composing and searching for next trend of the sound.


p.s. I'm not a programer so I don't know about it but what is your complaint regarding Delphi's new 64bit compiler? What is the flaw that make you reach the conclution that Delphi will be fail in 64bit? I'm curious to hear your objective observations.
Old 15th September 2011
  #72
Lives for gear
 
Sensorychaos's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog View Post
Sadly this thread is an epic failure, however I am going to check out the demo.
Indeed...
Old 15th September 2011
  #73
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
..
So basically FL Studio is nothing more then a VST host that has an expiration date due the the coding platform.
...
Dude, you're speculating and manipulating. FL Studio is a DAW, and it has plenty free VST especially if you got the producer edition. Why don't you just get Reason?

Please feel free to post further speculations in a 32bit vs 64bit thread, there are a few of those around already.
Old 16th September 2011
  #74
Here for the gear
 

We don't care how you were taught a reality or misinformation. We just want to know how you came to your speculation. Answer this question. Far easier than making a speech.

Quote:
p.s. I'm not a programer so I don't know about it but what is your complaint regarding Delphi's new 64bit compiler? What is the flaw that make you reach the conclution that Delphi will be fail in 64bit? I'm curious to hear your objective observations.
Also unfortunately no one can believe it's true. Because you jumbled your subjective conjectures and greenhorn popularity poll. The poll really does exist and it's 100% truth except that if the poll was fair or not. Then is your conjecture 100% ture? Sorry you gave no reasonable obsevation.You may want to say the popularity is equal to the quality or its properties, however , you can instantly study that it is nothing to do with them as we can see these company in the market such as Apple's mac or Steinberg's Nuendo not holding the majority of the computer or recording studio system. Too many to enumerate. McDonald's better than any hamburger? Never. Your beasis of the argument was fail and is still lacked.

Quote:
You've been given examples and facts. You can choose to be educated about the subject or not. Everything that I've said is 100% true.
Old 16th September 2011
  #75
Lives for gear
 
rids's Avatar
 

I don't what all of your guys' mumbo jumbo is, but I'm just bumbed that Harmor is PC only. This is one of the few things on PC I wish Mac had.
Old 16th September 2011
  #76
Lives for gear
 
sftd's Avatar
 

Holy **** this thing is good, wow, was not expecting that!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 16th September 2011
  #77
Lives for gear
 

hey are you still buying plugins?
Old 16th September 2011
  #78
Lives for gear
 
sftd's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeProducer View Post
hey are you still buying plugins?
Who are you asking that? !

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 16th September 2011
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
Who are you asking that? !

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
all of you.

I will demo the thing today. I just bought TSAR
Old 16th September 2011
  #80
Lives for gear
 
sftd's Avatar
 

Heck yeah I'm still buying them! I think they just keep getting better and better!

You should demo this guy for sure though. I really like Massives tone, and this feels very similar.

They have obviously spent a good deal of time making sure the presets all had a wonderful low end dialed in as well. I think that's a smart move for a plugin designer.

I haven't even touched it's programming yet but will tonight!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 16th September 2011
  #81
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
Heck yeah I'm still buying them! I think they just keep getting better and better!

You should demo this guy for sure though. I really like Massives tone, and this feels very similar.

They have obviously spent a good deal of time making sure the presets all had a wonderful low end dialed in as well. I think that's a smart move for a plugin designer.

I haven't even touched it's programming yet but will tonight!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
I have Massive, Razor, ACE, and lots of others too,
you think it's worth? ok ...
Old 16th September 2011
  #82
Lives for gear
 
sftd's Avatar
 

Its only a 100 bucks, so its fairly hard to go wrong once you hear it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 17th September 2011
  #83
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardchange View Post
Not sure who you're quoting, but you seem confused.

The information and facts are right there in front of you.
You forgot to put your answer regarding 64bit compiler. Or it there a reason you can't?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeProducer View Post
I have Massive, Razor, ACE, and lots of others too,
you think it's worth? ok ...
There are few synth that do additive audio/image resynthesis with its quality and versatility. Why don't try it youself and find how deep it is or difficult it's to understand all?
Old 17th September 2011
  #84
Lives for gear
 
Kindred's Avatar
 

I am loving the demo of this - the demo is perhaps too generous as I am able to render bits to use in tracks - just can't recall.

Anyone know where to find the Arp controls?? I have looked everywhere on the GUI and can't find anywhere.

A definite purchase
Old 18th September 2011
  #85
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
There are few synth that do additive audio/image resynthesis with its quality and versatility. Why don't try it youself and find how deep it is or difficult it's to understand all?
tried it bought it. Although 100$ add up quickly when you buy and buy and buy.
How hight my IQ must be for this synth, what you think? I mean to get the full potential ...
Old 19th September 2011
  #86
Lives for gear
 
GeorgeHayduke's Avatar
 

I gave it a go, here's my first try on the synth, two tracks playing the same loop over and over + two synths playing strings in the middle.
All tracks are played on Harmor, tweaked live. No external efx, all efx are harmor's own.

It has lots of sweet spots so it's fun to tweak, knobs are kind of a blend between simple FM and EFX riding and filtering.
Sonics are good because of the distortion unit and the filter resonance, still it has that sligthly dull unengaging VST feel to it's sound. Not bad though, it seems to be a cool vst synth.
Attached Files

HarmorAdditivesGeorgeHayduke.mp3 (5.50 MB, 414 views)

Old 25th September 2011
  #87
OK, yet another small demo
Eventually this give another idea how this synth could be used. Ducking, Arps and all effects are of course also only from Harmor.
I used 11 instances of Harmor only the drums are not from Harmor.

Btw, the introductory offer ends 1. October
Attached Files

Last edited by 4damind; 28th September 2011 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: updated demo song
Old 25th September 2011
  #88
Gear Maniac
 
FUBAR's Avatar
 

Image-Line Harmor-arp.jpg


The arp is created by drawing in the envelope screen. Fully covered in the manual btw.

cheers




Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
I am loving the demo of this - the demo is perhaps too generous as I am able to render bits to use in tracks - just can't recall.

Anyone know where to find the Arp controls?? I have looked everywhere on the GUI and can't find anywhere.

A definite purchase
Old 5th January 2012
  #89
restpause
Guest
Is anybody else using Harmor these days? What are your 2012 opinions of it now that it has been around a while?
Old 5th January 2012
  #90
Lives for gear
 

I did a little demo of it.

It's ok, too much to mess around with, it had a kind of toyish vibe to it, that might have just been the interface. I don't doubt it's quite deep but why bother when you can get amazing Addative from Razor(if you have it). If you like playing around with lots of different modules and controls you will love it :P

I would check it out for sure though, you might love it.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump