The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Image-Line Harmor Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPlasma View Post

God, that dubstep sound makes me sick already.
it made me feel dizzy after a while, no more than 3minutes of that!

i find hard to trust demos these days, when its ALL about marketing.

i'm sure that a kid using that vst with a amateur soundcard (luckily enough) won't get that result.

anyways seeing how cool those videos are i'm sure they hadn't much trouble mastering the audio tracks on them

anyways the visual stuff is really really cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Creep View Post
i'm greeted with the most anemic sound ever... i know how to program synths... i enjoy it and spend lots of time doing it... and while i've made very interesting sounds that my hardware is unable to replicate... the sound is weak.. uninspiring with the exception of the programming and modulation that are occurring.. but in the end.. its about sound
really agree with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
my win 7 pc and its random reboots strongly disagree with you.
i know it's horrible.....

PERFECT EXAMPLE! check out the first sound of this video and then listen to a demo of hardware nord lead 2

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...-nord-test.mp3
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

stupid dub step demo = vomit. Otherwise the synth sounds nice and $100 is a good price. So many nice vst coming out these days its impossible to keep up. I need to keep learning the plugs i have and ignore this....
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
Not to fan the flames but I seriously doubt that. The vast majority of users that I know, who've spent considerable time on both systems, always prefer OS X. Myself included.
Don't worry, if you're looking for a resynthesis engine on the Mac that's probably the best out there check out Virsyn's offerings. Poseidon sounds fantastic to me. I haven't compared it to Harmor yet though.

I think if Melda productions wrote a version of mDrummer for the Mac I'd move back to 100% Apple in a heartbeat. Win-tel is fine, but I run two systems side by side and to me the Mac seems a lot better, but I've not upgraded from Vista yet.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
my win 7 pc and its random reboots strongly disagree with you. The only fact is that Vista has been the greatest exodus from any kind of software ever observed in history of computer and the reasons are well known , documented , not even open to disputes as even Microsoft accepts them. Win 7 will never bring that crowd back and it is not. Numbers dont lie. The only infinite thing windows give is annoyance. Have been 20 years windows user since windows 3.1 (and still I am) and macos user for 4 years , there is no software out there good enough to make me change back to windows.
You needed to reboot because you know nothing but rebooting. Reboot isn't needed if you sort it out.

Quote:
Not to fan the flames but I seriously doubt that. The vast majority of users that I know, who've spent considerable time on both systems, always prefer OS X. Myself included.
Technologies have been changing day by day. Smarter users sellect their tools on the basis of objective materials such as null test , benchmark and etc. Not on subjective sales copy such as "I'm mac!" "I'm PC!".

Quote:
a) Ubuntu runs great and win xp did not have this problem. Hardware problem excluded b) latest drivers, standard win 7 install [I have installed almost no software after a new format I made to partition and dual boot ubuntu] , the reboot sometimes occurs even at boot [windows load not BIOS]. When I say random I mean random. software excluded. c) Reboots, even when the computer is idle. Dont use anything beyond word and firefox , this is my work pc. Insufficient cooling excluded too.

This is the first time random reboot that occurs to me . So your lack of random reboots does not say me much, and you try to rationalise an extremely complex problem as windows bugs. But then windows is full of unique and fresh problems. WinXp had corrupted installs because of bad updates , again update broke my messenger, viruses with antivirus onboard and no malicious websites visited , etc etc etc. We are talking about a 20 year old, long , extremely long list of problems, compared to both of my mac that besides some occassional crashes it has been rock solid 4 years now .

At least from where I am standing , after owning 10 windows pc, both desktop and laptops with as you call them top quality parts [if there is such thing], those 2 OSs are like night and day. And to be frank , overall my experience with ubuntu is very good too, not as good as macos , but certainly alot better than windows.

And really there is no worry , moved my pc to ubuntu and never looked back, still got win 7 formated and installed but I dont use it at all. All my work now takes place in UBUNTU. Back home use macs for my music. Could not be more happy.
Sure if every win7 has potential to random reboot 90% of the computer users would have been often rebooting and then the shops would have got vast number of returns. They might have got mac as a substitute.

I though mac already have 90% of the market share because of your windows' random reboot. It's strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
I 'd say go for reaktor's razor ..;sounds beter to my ears and has a lot miore functiojnality ...it's also based around partials ....lots of filer types based on partials and an awesome vocoder ...lots of crazy harmonic effects
Nice
Sorry to say that you touched nothing about each synth. They are totally different.

*To Don Solaris I deleted words that may be possibly prohibited word.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Don't worry, if you're looking for a resynthesis engine on the Mac that's probably the best out there check out Virsyn's offerings. Poseidon sounds fantastic to me. I haven't compared it to Harmor yet though.

I think if Melda productions wrote a version of mDrummer for the Mac I'd move back to 100% Apple in a heartbeat. Win-tel is fine, but I run two systems side by side and to me the Mac seems a lot better, but I've not upgraded from Vista yet.
Why did you decide to compare and evaluate each OS's current value within different system and old software? I don't get the point of what you are talking. Is it just a speculation or..? http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-3.htm I won't say believe whole benchmark , having Apple been doing odd benchmarks as sales copy, but it's better than believing sales copy or someone's rule of thumb. Here is not for whining about the OS. Keep it sticked to topic please.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
You needed to reboot because you know nothing but rebooting. Reboot isn't needed if you sort it out.
The trolling must go on. But because you are so persistent I will help you understand .

Never said :
a) I needed to reboot
b) I wanted to reboot
c) I did reboot
e) I am planning to reboot
f) I think I will reboot
g) My mother said I should reboot
h) My brother said I should reboot
etc etc etc

One advice

Learn to read , then troll.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I just watched a movie called "Troll Hunter" pretty nice one
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
The trolling must go on. But because you are so persistent I will help you understand .

Never said :
a) I needed to reboot
b) I wanted to reboot
c) I did reboot
e) I am planning to reboot
f) I think I will reboot
g) My mother said I should reboot
h) My brother said I should reboot
etc etc etc

One advice

Learn to read , then troll.
Don't do knitpicking boy. I don't want to play hair-splitting and can't do it with you because English is not my language. If you want to do those things you picked wrong person. But there are one thing that is clear. You did wrong and you got error. Otherwise rather than whining about 90% share hold compony's software you should have returned or replaced your hardware because that was broken. You surely could do it because you can spend time in gearslutz. I think you are troll ,not me, because you are telling things not based on objective materials but on subjetive ones. It is rather harmful and possibly leads to twist the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorychaos View Post
I just watched a movie called "Troll Hunter" pretty nice one
cool I'll check that out later.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don't do knitpicking boy. I don't want to play hair-splitting and can't do it with you because English is not my language. If you want to do those things you picked wrong person. But there are one thing that is clear. You did wrong and you got error. Otherwise rather than whining about 90% share hold compony's software you should have returned or replaced your hardware because that was broken. You surely could do it because you can spend time in gearslutz. I think you are troll ,not me, because you are telling things not based on objective materials but on subjetive ones. It is rather harmful and possibly leads to twist the truth.

cool I'll check that out later.
Half of the movie is quite normal..second part is pretty awesome...Unusual and really nice scenario...thumbs up

By the way guys...why not keeping good energy and vibes alltogether... we're allowed to disagree...we're allowed to agree...it's a democracy guys (boys?)...
Not that often that I'm writing things but it seems to me that far too often here people are blaming each other...and I find myself rather speaking about philosophy and peace than speaking about the real topic...which was HARMOR synth qwality...
Ego disease is a real pain in this world...
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

As an everyday PC user I have to back up Kilon's testimony on this one.

The random 2-7 reboots an hour is probably the single reason I still stick with the PC for music production. I have a very powerful desktop PC in the music creation room, and a very powerful laptop PC that floats about the house depending on where I am at the moment. I love to smoke cigarettes, but am sometimes a bit annoyed at having to lug the laptop outside to continue work on a song while smoking. That's why once I heard about the random reboot situation with Windows I immediately made up my mind on it as my choice of OS. Essentially, sometimes I feel "guilty" for stopping work on a song to go outside and smoke, but if my PC is to crash I have a window in the duration of the time it takes to boot back up in which I can self-rationalize going outside to smoke.

I was actually quite disappointed when the latest (and first I believe) Windows 7 service pack was released because it brought my crash-per-hour ratio down to probably an average of only 3 or so. Prior to this I was (as mentioned above) averaging probably 5 or so an hour, so it's a fairly significant loss.

Beyond that, much of my music is very "glitchy" in its composition and production aesthetic. I believe that the more glitchy of an operating system I use for that composition and production subsequently passes on and increases that factor in the music I am producing in it.

I also use this to my advantage in live settings where I also use a PC. During any given one and a half to two hour gig I may (if lucky) experience up to 12-15 random crashes/reboots. I believe this really helps with conveying the glitchy aesthetic I mentioned above. Beyond that, it gives me one more (even if slight) advantage to put my performance over the top and separate me from the herd. I've played gigs with other artists that incorporate the glitchy vibe in their tracks, but a good deal of them used a Mac and simply couldn't quite match up to the level of my setup when it came to live performance.

In the end, as most things here and in the musical world in general do, it comes down to personal subjective opinion. Some may hate computers that crash/randomly reboot that often, and if they do they should absolutely go the (stable) direction of a Mac. However, if you're like me and greatly enjoy them, you should without question head directly for a PC, it simply can't be matched in that catagory!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
That's why once I heard about the random reboot situation with Windows I immediately made up my mind on it as my choice of OS. Essentially, sometimes I feel "guilty" for stopping work on a song to go outside and smoke, but if my PC is to crash I have a window in the duration of the time it takes to boot back up in which I can self-rationalize going outside to smoke.

I was actually quite disappointed when the latest (and first I believe) Windows 7 service pack was released because it brought my crash-per-hour ratio down to probably an average of only 3 or so. Prior to this I was (as mentioned above) averaging probably 5 or so an hour, so it's a fairly significant loss.
that's a good one!!

well, i mean could even be good as long as it saves what i was doing before rebooting!!

there is plenty of time to smoke even while rendering or recording some midi!!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance5 View Post
that's a good one!!

well, i mean could even be good as long as it saves what i was doing before rebooting!!

there is plenty of time to smoke even while rendering or recording some midi!!
I do all of my work in Ableton and it saves at every point in which an undo would be possible, so usually if I lose anything it's one tiny step if even that.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

The random 2-7 reboots an hour is probably the single reason I still stick with the PC for music production. I have a very powerful desktop PC in the music creation room, and a very powerful laptop PC that floats about the house depending on where I am at the moment. I love to smoke cigarettes, but am sometimes a bit annoyed at having to lug the laptop outside to continue work on a song while smoking. That's why once I heard about the random reboot situation with Windows I immediately made up my mind on it as my choice of OS. Essentially, sometimes I feel "guilty" for stopping work on a song to go outside and smoke, but if my PC is to crash I have a window in the duration of the time it takes to boot back up in which I can self-rationalize going outside to smoke.

Beyond that, much of my music is very "glitchy" in its composition and production aesthetic. I believe that the more glitchy of an operating system I use for that composition and production subsequently passes on and increases that factor in the music I am producing in it.

I also use this to my advantage in live settings where I also use a PC. During any given one and a half to two hour gig I may (if lucky) experience up to 12-15 random crashes/reboots. I believe this really helps with conveying the glitchy aesthetic I mentioned above. Beyond that, it gives me one more (even if slight) advantage to put my performance over the top and separate me from the herd. I've played gigs with other artists that incorporate the glitchy vibe in their tracks, but a good deal of them used a Mac and simply couldn't quite match up to the level of my setup when it came to live performance.

In the end, as most things here and in the musical world in general do, it comes down to personal subjective opinion. Some may hate computers that crash/randomly reboot that often, and if they do they should absolutely go the (stable) direction of a Mac. However, if you're like me and greatly enjoy them, you should without question head directly for a PC, it simply can't be matched in that catagory!
so full of win. but tell us how you really feel :P
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Creep View Post
so full of win. but tell us how you really feel :P
I think from your reply you might have thought that was perhaps a pro-mac post, and though I don't have anything against macs, I've been a PC user since I was probably six all kiding and such aside!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:

Nice then I sould use mac for crushing during the live performance same as guitarist break his guitar. Then I could be real macfag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensorychaos View Post
Half of the movie is quite normal..second part is pretty awesome...Unusual and really nice scenario...thumbs up

By the way guys...why not keeping good energy and vibes alltogether... we're allowed to disagree...we're allowed to agree...it's a democracy guys (boys?)...
Not that often that I'm writing things but it seems to me that far too often here people are blaming each other...and I find myself rather speaking about philosophy and peace than speaking about the real topic...which was HARMOR synth qwality...
Ego disease is a real pain in this world...
I also tried to read kvr forum for Harmor discussion and found there are full of good conversations. I hope gearslutz users will grow up to be able to make this place a bit more matured and helpful. I know there are expert users here but they rarely post ,much less in the topic where users critisizing each other. It's sad.

As for Harmor I tried demo but I still couldn't fully touch most of its function. So I think I shouldn't comment much about its function yet. But its resynthesis function seems to be terrific among its category.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

I dont get random reboots 2-7 per hour, days may pass and might not experience even a single one, and the next day experience 4.

Those random reboot are not the reason why I think windows is crap.

Win 7 is not crap, windows is crap, actually win 7 is by far the most stable windows I ever used. Its certainly much more stable then win xp and this had been my single reason for upgrading to it. The problem with windows is that is full of bad decisions. Windows desperately need a radical redesign of its core. MACs crash too. As a programmer I know a thousands ways to crash a mac. I had even experienced some grey screens of death too, but the OS is well designed. There is no doubt about it. Some will say UNIX which is the os that macos and linux come from is a very solid OS and this true of Linux too.

My experience with linux is that it can be crappish as well, because its OOS it really is not that mature, there is alot that is unfinished, but once you setup it , customise and optimise it will never disapoint, it will be as good as MACOS. I have a piece of crap laptop , Acer Aspire One costed me 250 euros and have ubuntu 9 on it, customised and optimised and really is more solid than my imac. Its pure lack that Acer Aspires work so well with UBUNTU, but really shows the recipe of success , software specially tailored to hardware.

And I do accept the excuse that windows has alot of hardware to cover and this makes it hard to be stable especially when those hardware manufactures are idiots. Like ATI gave Apple faulty drivers and made my imac and all other people imac crash with anything using opengl , it took 15 days to resolve the issue and during that period my imac was crashing like insane with anything that even tried to use hardware acceleration.

MACOS has no magic dust, no software does. But the company or the people making an OS that acctually do take stability and safety dead seriously, they will be bound to come up with something pretty stable. That is something both the Apple and Linux developer have accomplished.

As for the so called war between windows and macs, I have met some people that really do know both OSs inside out, and have open mind. They never fight each other, I have spoke with windows users that totally agree with my statements , that windows need a rewrite , that it carries alot of baggage and that is much inferior to what MACOS offers. They stick to windows because macos cannot fulfill their needs or they are not annoyed by windows shortcomings. But they do not lie, they are not afraid to acknowledge the problems.

People who pick fights , are people who love to pick fights. Sadly I am not one of them.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
Image-Line Harmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon
windows is crap
Not a fact, but your opinion of course.

Is it still crap for PC users like myself who have had ZERO reboots? I even have SSD's which are supposed to be glitchy and cause issues, two ATI cards in crossfire and an i5 2500k clocked to 4.5 but alas, still no reboots for me. Must be why I sux at making glitchy tracks! Maybe you're doing it wrongz?

And in a pathetic attempt to stay on topic I have yet to demo this synth... FAZEPLAM
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

LOL seriously OS fan-boi's? I thought there was adults on this board.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
amazing sounds just amazing sounds, too bad it wont be a mac version . Software synths are getting better and better , hard synths now need to catch up, the day that soft synths sound better than hardware is finally here and there is no going back.

+1. That synth made me smile wide after I listened to it there. The worm has turned for software synthesis. Badass.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
I love this plug

Been playing with the demo all day and will buy it tonight, it's a sound designers dream and then some.

Well done Image-Line

Harmor

PS Win demo only

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Nice then I sould use mac for crushing during the live performance same as guitarist break his guitar. Then I could be real macfag.

I also tried to read kvr forum for Harmor discussion and found there are full of good conversations. I hope gearslutz users will grow up to be able to make this place a bit more matured and helpful.

Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Stopped reading at people dissing people, other people praying, whatever.

Harmor is a very unique sounding synth, and is inspiring a gear lust factor of 7.6 which is pretty high given my destitute condition.

Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I tried out Harmor... Really enojying the heck outta it. It's got some really deep sounds too. Sounds like you can do alot of things with it. In fact...too much for me to even think about...but I may try some wierd things with it if I can figure it out. Some of the presets are amazing.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
I dont get random reboots 2-7 per hour, days may pass and might not experience even a single one, and the next day experience 4.

Those random reboot are not the reason why I think windows is crap.

Win 7 is not crap, windows is crap, actually win 7 is by far the most stable windows I ever used. Its certainly much more stable then win xp and this had been my single reason for upgrading to it. The problem with windows is that is full of bad decisions. Windows desperately need a radical redesign of its core. MACs crash too. As a programmer I know a thousands ways to crash a mac. I had even experienced some grey screens of death too, but the OS is well designed. There is no doubt about it. Some will say UNIX which is the os that macos and linux come from is a very solid OS and this true of Linux too.

My experience with linux is that it can be crappish as well, because its OOS it really is not that mature, there is alot that is unfinished, but once you setup it , customise and optimise it will never disapoint, it will be as good as MACOS. I have a piece of crap laptop , Acer Aspire One costed me 250 euros and have ubuntu 9 on it, customised and optimised and really is more solid than my imac. Its pure lack that Acer Aspires work so well with UBUNTU, but really shows the recipe of success , software specially tailored to hardware.

And I do accept the excuse that windows has alot of hardware to cover and this makes it hard to be stable especially when those hardware manufactures are idiots. Like ATI gave Apple faulty drivers and made my imac and all other people imac crash with anything using opengl , it took 15 days to resolve the issue and during that period my imac was crashing like insane with anything that even tried to use hardware acceleration.

MACOS has no magic dust, no software does. But the company or the people making an OS that acctually do take stability and safety dead seriously, they will be bound to come up with something pretty stable. That is something both the Apple and Linux developer have accomplished.

As for the so called war between windows and macs, I have met some people that really do know both OSs inside out, and have open mind. They never fight each other, I have spoke with windows users that totally agree with my statements , that windows need a rewrite , that it carries alot of baggage and that is much inferior to what MACOS offers. They stick to windows because macos cannot fulfill their needs or they are not annoyed by windows shortcomings. But they do not lie, they are not afraid to acknowledge the problems.

People who pick fights , are people who love to pick fights. Sadly I am not one of them.
Stop posting your fanboyism into every topic. Here is not for your diary. We've already read you love mac in previous post .Write them in your diary if you don't going to show us objective source materials. We clearly don't want your whinning essay and I no longer need apple c*** too.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

What does bashing windows or macs have to do with complimenting a piece of software?
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

I don't know. But I'm always fed up with machead on the internet starting complaining or lobbying his toy. I came here just for reading "Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production" threads...
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
I don't know. But I'm always fed up with machead on the internet starting complaining or lobbying his toy...
Well, our dependable Mac-fan djanthonyw always does what he can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Only for Windows?

Yawn.
Yaaaawn, exactly..

Last edited by GeorgeHayduke; 14th September 2011 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: edited for language
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
I don't know. But I'm always fed up with machead on the internet starting complaining or lobbying his toy. I came here just for reading "Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production" threads...
Thanks Pinnacle; we heard you the first time.

Played with it in bootcamp partition and yes, Harmor is pretty damn sweet.
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrosonus View Post
i've been wanting to sample that snippet of video for live visuals for years.

10 points to griffyndore if anyone can name the movie..
Looks like the opening sequence of Miami Vice.

r,
j,
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
..How many people who use OS X everyday at work and go home to use Windows? Probably 20 kids who want to play Mass Effect 3 all night. Don't worry kids, that's what bootcamp is for...
LOL, fool's talk. I do that exactly. I am forced to use Mac at work, it is such a pleasure to get home to my PC.

Here's why: 1) File handling in OSX is very annoying imo, and the OS gets in my way all the time 2) The all white/aluminimum gives me the creeps. 3) I like driving stick. In that comparison MACs are for people who ride automatic. 4) I have access to a lot more applications. 5) Daws run faster on PC, see benchmarks, e.g. http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-3.htm

Please, lets' drop the topic. You like Mac? You're perhaps even a fan! Great! But please stop speaking untruth just because you've used poorly set up consumer PC systems/homebuilt systems, it gets really, really boring, it is frankly quite upsetting.

So please drop it.

Last edited by GeorgeHayduke; 14th September 2011 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: edited for language

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search