The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ROFLMAO the 90's! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4th October 2011
Lives for gear

Then all the Kronos keyboards will be hidden in museums behind reinforced glass?
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

If only the damn cheesy arranger home-organs that we are thrashing so much, like electones, would then suddenly be sought-after...
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
You don't want to know the prices for early 16-bit samplers though. Ouch!
Yeah, a friend wanted to sell me his Jupiter 8 for $800, but I was saving to buy an Emax II with 4 megs of memory for $3,500.
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

Just seeing how much everything changed from 2000 to now let alone 1990 to now is just staggering in many ways. in 2000 seemed like analog and digital prices were pretty much even with each other. Alot of analogs were around 1000 and below 2000 like MS20 Junos even minimoogs. Now digital is amazingly cheap, i mean amazingly cheap. You can make a decent recording rig with less than 1000 dollars these days if you did everything right. I would have liked to be where I am at now back then in the mid late 90s, seemed like a magical time in a way, but I guess that just my youth making it better than it really was.

Ive spent tens of thousands on my analog synths, and for all my digital, S950 S1000 JD990 D550 Ive spent less than 1000 dollars total on. That would have been the other way around in 1995 :v

Both have their good and bad when you think about it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search