The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
midi help (emx-1 as master / ableton as slave) Desktop Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

midi help (emx-1 as master / ableton as slave)

hello everybody
this is my first post in this forum but i've learned a lot reading gearslutz!!

anyway this is my problem:

i'd like to use my korg emx with live 7 and reason in rewire.
i linked the korg and my mac with a usb to midi cable (m-audio midisport uno) and, in live's menu, i activated the sync in and out (the in is in timecode mode)..
if i use live as the master everything works well, the emx starts and sends midi to reason wich is set to recive midi to control redrum subtractor and so on...
but if i try to use the emx as the master, clicking the EXT button in live, the midi sync doesn't work.
in other words if i press the star button on the emx live and of course reason doesn't start.

i hope someone could help me thanx
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

There may be more to your problem, but my first thought: Change the sync input of Live to MIDI Clock instead of MIDI Timecode (MTC). MIDI clock is generally used for synchronizing because it operates in tempo (beats/bars per minute) irrespective of a song's length, whereas MIDI timecode operates using song pointer position.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

i've tried so but nothing..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search