The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iPad owners rejoice! A Lemur app may very well be near... Control Surfaces
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

iPad owners rejoice! A Lemur app may very well be near...

We've all speculated this was going to happen, but have never read any news concerning the matter ever. You more than likely still won't for a while.

But a (very reliable) little birdy just might have mentioned something to me about this happening in the next few months.

Which could mean very BIG things for Jazzmutant, Apple, and, most importantly, us: the electronic musicians.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sweet
I can only hope that something will materialize from this.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Seems like an awesome move for them, very little overhead for production, no parts cost outside of a devkit, an already heavily installed hardware ownership base,money to be made!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Minor gravedig.... Spotted: Lemur Interface, Running on iPad

Seems to be getting more true.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Considering how much the Lemur was sold for, I have a hardtime believing they will sell the iPad app for $9.99
Old 9th November 2011
Well, if they will sell it for more, they might experience a sour dissappointed. tutt There are many great apps for just few bucks out there.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

How many people bought the original hardware Lemur? Not many I'm guessing.

If they release the Lemur for iPad, there's already a customer base of 40+ million users, and the app would only be a click away.

Even at $10 or whatever they price it at, they could still make an ok profit.

I've never tried a hardware Lemur, but if it's coming for the iPad, then all I have to say is, bring it on!

Times are changing, and people need to either get with the flow or be left behind. The iPad is already destroying numerous expensive hardware that costs many thousands of dollars. A good example is for medical or education uses. Autism tablets are not cheap, they're also big and bulky and they cost a small fortune. An iPad for $500 and a $300-$400 app is like a godsend for these people. It's cheap, affordable, and it's making many things obsolete.
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Head

I'll be following this as i'm kinda imterested.
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Addict

what can the lemur software do that, say, a touchOSC cannot?
Old 20th November 2011
what's this app he's using?
Old 20th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbee View Post
I'll be following this as i'm kinda imterested.
great post
Old 20th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
what's this app he's using?
Griid Pro - the Ableton Live iPad & iPhone controller app used by professionals. — Liine
Old 2nd December 2011
Here for the gear

Hi guys,

This video might bring some answers to those of you who are wondering.

Lemur running on iPad - second sighting - YouTube
Old 2nd December 2011
I don't have an iPad yet, but this would make me buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnu View Post
what can the lemur software do that, say, a touchOSC cannot?
This has been discussed many times, do a search.
Old 7th December 2011
Gear Maniac

no more waiting folks! http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/12/lii...utant-now.html

Last edited by funtez; 7th December 2011 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: wrong link...
Old 7th December 2011
ah thanks. heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtez View Post
no more waiting folks! Liine

I'd like to see more of the Lemur app. A lot of functionality is already in other apps I bought the past year, so it seems.
Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

I saw a couple of short videos on the main youtube channel, but I need to see something more in depth, before I can form an opinion about this Lemur iPad app. It looks nice, but it seems like they mentioned Ableton Live in both of the videos that I saw. I guess that it might work with other DAW's too, but why the emphasis on Ableton Live and no mention of anything else? It seems like they're targeting the app towards Ableton Live users. I'm mostly a Logic guy.
Old 7th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Sorry, wrong link earlier, seems LIIne were the developers. >Lemur is live in the appstore at just over $50 Australian > who's going to talk me into it?

Connecting to the iTunes Store.

Last edited by funtez; 7th December 2011 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: additional info
Old 7th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtez View Post
Lemur is live in the appstore at just over $50 Australian
Yeah, $50 US too
Old 7th December 2011
Gear Addict

Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

I would buy this in a second but not at that price. Every single music app I have including touchable and Grid ends up not getting used. Their fine for clip launching but thats all (to fiddly to mix and edit vi's) Will Lemur be any different?
We buy IOS apps because their cheap. If they dont work out then theres no regrets. (I know all the classic, but cliché arguments about dev costs. But same deal for artists. We have had to deal with massive drop in income streams which means less money to throw away. Im not greedy
Im still interested though but now I need to research and find out what I must download to get it to work,and wait for some user reviews.
Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

Looks great, exciting time.
But indeed at 35£ here in the UK I'm not going to impulse buy it, I will wait for reviews and to see peoples' experience making it work with Logic ( midi feedback can be a real pain ).
Old 7th December 2011
Oop
Gear Addict

I like the idea of having a page full of commonly used shortcuts for editing in Lemur. But, I guess that can happen in TouchOSC too. Since I ditched Live and Logic, need to figure out how well it works with Reaper.

50 bucks is a lot, still waiting to see more demos and features maybe. Similar to other users, I too buy these cheap controller apps and use it once. The synths and other audio tools get a lot more use. But, the iPad controllers just look cool on my desk.

Either some really detailed videos or some kind of feature-cut demo version/freeware is a must.
Old 7th December 2011
Gear Maniac

If it works as described then it'll make me buy an iPad. £35 isn't too bad for what it can do but is expensive compared to the competition.
Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

Korg iMS20 is $35, so it's not massively overpriced. But it's interesting to see how the pricing impacts sales. At $19 id buy it and give it a go, if it's not better than touch OSC, then it's only $20 I've spent finding out. But at $50 I'd need to know I was really going to use it. And for that to occur ill need to hear other peoples opinions. So it's a "maybe in a month" purchase rather than a "buy now".
Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

Can it work with existing lemur templates like dexter and mu?
Old 7th December 2011
Gear Nut

Maybe its just me, but the music being produced in that video is f***n awful.
Old 7th December 2011
Oop
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
Can it work with existing lemur templates like dexter and mu?
Here are all the working templates,

User Library – Liine

More and more tempted...

Does anyone know if the 'Nord Lead 2' template works the 2X rack and how well it functions?
Old 7th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop View Post
Here are all the working templates,

User Library – Liine

More and more tempted...

Does anyone know if the 'Nord Lead 2' template works the 2X rack and how well it functions?
ok, this pushed me over the line.
Old 7th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony smyth View Post
Maybe its just me, but the music being produced in that video is f***n awful.
I don't like the video at all. Intrusive marketing blah. yuch
the product deserves better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search