The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iPad owners rejoice! A Lemur app may very well be near... Control Surfaces
Old 9th December 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
I meant a demo that I can play with, to see whether it will work with my system.

Practically every instrument and host on the pc has a demo, I don't really see why iPad software, at least above a certain price, should be any different.
Apple's App Store does not provide a way for app makers to send out trial/demo versions, unfortunately. It is a big weakness with the App Store.
Old 9th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneyrinck View Post
Apple's App Store does not provide a way for app makers to send out trial/demo versions, unfortunately. It is a big weakness with the App Store.
There are many apps that exist in two different versions, a paid version, and a free version (which is like a demo or limited version).

It's up to the developer to release what they want. If a free version doesn't exist, it's because the developer doesn't want it to.
Old 9th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
There are many apps that exist in two different versions, a paid version, and a free version (which is like a demo or limited version).

It's up to the developer to release what they want. If a free version doesn't exist, it's because the developer doesn't want it to.
It's true that some developers release dumbed-down and/or ad-supported versions of their apps for free, in the hopes of engaging you enough to shell out for the "real" product, but that's not what lemur is.

What's lemur's selling point? Besides its name, its complexity! Having a dumbed-down (or heaven forbid, ad supported ) version wouldn't adequately immerse you into the Lemur experience, and therefore wouldn't give a very compelling example of why its worth $50.

Apps like this - the top 10% priciest of the app store - really need timed demos. How else can you dig in enough to know if it's for you or not
Old 9th December 2011
Lives for gear

I bought it today, after thinking about it for a couple of days.

It proved very easy to get it working on a basic level, and to map various sliders and bouncing balls to controls in Ableton Live and DCAM Strobe. That's about all I've done thus far.

There's obviously a lot of power in this software, and a lot to learn.

I think we're going to be very happy together
Old 10th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
I bought it today, after thinking about it for a couple of days.

It proved very easy to get it working on a basic level, and to map various sliders and bouncing balls to controls in Ableton Live and DCAM Strobe. That's about all I've done thus far.

There's obviously a lot of power in this software, and a lot to learn.

I think we're going to be very happy together
At $50 this is the kind of feedback that sells this App Very close to jumping onboard with this one. Peff's YouTube demo controlling Reason has really sold me on this one as well. Huge potential and by all accounts it looks simple to get going with this but with huge depth for those brave enough to get into the scripting stuff.
Old 10th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoftelaur View Post
Each problem which I have with iPad it's finished for me because my friend Mike helps me. After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com . I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free ipads 2 + white smartcover. It's a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol
member since December 10th with only 1 post... Seems legit!
Old 12th December 2011
Gear Maniac

As i'm getting an Ipad sooooon Lemur seems a likely candidate for primary controller.

Also, ofcourse the experience the company already has with the lemur (device) helps. It seems a more developed product than the competition.

However, the current available user templates seem to be a bit on the thin side. I expected more. Now, it's probably very easy to setup your own templates, but i can imagine that convenience for the larger audience they are marketing now is key.

That's why i think they're current pricing strategy is perhaps not the right one. Don't get me wrong, i think it's worth the $, but what you want is a large user community creating and sharing templates. Looking at their forums now, that is not the case.
Old 12th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Wondering why all the templates in the user library are in the lower native resolution of the lemur hardware version leaving unused black borders around all templates currently..
Old 12th December 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy View Post
Wondering why all the templates in the user library are in the lower native resolution of the lemur hardware version leaving unused black borders around all templates currently..
Because the Lemur AFAIK has a different screen res and ratio thus the templates have to be rescaled and adapted.

Seems rather obvious but I could be mistaken..although I highly doubt it.
Old 12th December 2011
Here for the gear

Lemur app is really cool for production tool.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search