The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia Analog Player soft synth - help/advice/hints needed please!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Arturia Analog Player soft synth - help/advice/hints needed please!

Ok - I've just bought an Arturia Analog Player w/software. I'm looking to use it onstage for maybe a couple of songs (I for the most part play guitar)...

1) Am I right/wrong in thinking that if I install the software on my desktop iMac, I would still be able to use the software and keyboard on a secondary computer - my gigging laptop?

2) If I use it as a standalone on the gigging laptop, would that be pretty stable in live use? (I never use standalone anything - always vst's on my iMac. I'm figuring if I use it onstage without Ableton or any other DAW, it'll save me hassles with CPU)

3) Is there a function to latch a note?

4) Are the filter effects/envelopes on the keyboard already pre-assigned within the software, plug and play style...?

Thanks!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
1) Am I right/wrong in thinking that if I install the software on my desktop iMac, I would still be able to use the software and keyboard on a secondary computer - my gigging laptop?
Only if they allow installation like that, and even then it's usually in the license agreement that you can only use it on a single computer at a time.

Quote:
2) I'm figuring if I use it onstage without Ableton or any other DAW, it'll save me hassles with CPU)
It'll be not as demanding, true. Stability however also depends on adding other plugins while the existing ones are playing, and since you can't do that in standalone...

Quote:
3) Is there a function to latch a note?
Looks like you're out of luck - however, a small piece of cardboard wedged between keys can do miracles; alternatively, since it's got a sustain pedal input, use that and put something heavy on it after hitting one or more notes.

Quote:
4) Are the filter effects/envelopes on the keyboard already pre-assigned within the software, plug and play style...?
That's the entire idea of the product.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoozer View Post
only if they allow installation like that, and even then it's usually in the license agreement that you can only use it on a single computer at a time.

It'll be not as demanding, true. Stability however also depends on adding other plugins while the existing ones are playing, and since you can't do that in standalone...

Looks like you're out of luck - however, a small piece of cardboard wedged between keys can do miracles; alternatively, since it's got a sustain pedal input, use that and put something heavy on it after hitting one or more notes.

That's the entire idea of the product.

t h a n k y o u ! ! ! ! !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search