The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
z3ta 2 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

z3ta 2

Just got it......Man this has to be the best VST I have tryed to date!....just thought id share
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augsy View Post
Just got it......Man this has to be the best VST I have tryed to date!....just thought id share
damn still no macos version

It used to be my favourite too till I abandoned windows for macos and then I found Alchemy which is the only soft synth I use now. But I miss z3ta+ brilliant interface, great combination of FM and waveshaper , version 2 definitely seems to respect the legacy in terms of the interface and the sound which is great as always. Too bad its windows only, too bad.

Definetly thanks for sharing this. Its great news indeed.
Old 6th September 2011
In the mix, sylenth1 kills it, i liked it playing it by itself, then when i try and stuff it in a mix, it never shines and i grab for something else :(
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory View Post
In the mix, sylenth1 kills it, i liked it playing it by itself, then when i try and stuff it in a mix, it never shines and i grab for something else :(
+ 1

plus : z3ta 2 is still very very buggy...
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

One thing that let me down is the steppiness of the OSC controls, compared to say Massive.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sylenth, Omnisphere, Zebra, Massive, Ableton's Operator, Reason's Thor

Those are the vst's out there that have that the powwer of an analog synth and cut through the mix the way a useuful synth needs to

it is the first thing i look for when testing out vsts....

Zeta 2 doesn't have it
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
+ 1

plus : z3ta 2 is still very very buggy...

what exactly do you mean by buggy?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

And what do you mean cut through the mix?
Old 8th September 2011
And what do you mean "steppiness?" Is this good for dubstep, because I want to be like dubstep.

Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yea, I noticed that a bit too. Zt3a 2 is alot like the first one as it sounds awesome by itself...but try to add stuff to it and stuff starts to fall apart and you just change sounds. Many synths are like this but this is one of the biggest....sounds good by itself...but not with others....LOL.

It is also buggy....like you'll be playing it in cubase and say later on after adding tracks...it will keep 1 note playing even though u stopped the song. It didn't crash, but if I didn't stop the song on the right timing, the note would just play and play and annoy the hell outta me.

It's useful...but it's not THE best...Sylenth1 is better.
Old 8th September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
damn still no macos version

It used to be my favourite too till I abandoned windows for macos and then I found Alchemy which is the only soft synth I use now. But I miss z3ta+ brilliant interface, great combination of FM and waveshaper , version 2 definitely seems to respect the legacy in terms of the interface and the sound which is great as always. Too bad its windows only, too bad.

Definetly thanks for sharing this. Its great news indeed.
kilon whats so good about alchemy? looks just like software with heaps of samples and focused more on sampling than synthesis?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaysj View Post
And what do you mean cut through the mix?
Well what i mean is...

When you eq and compress a sound or instrument correctly in a mix you can always make that sound or instrument sit cleanly and with a purpose. However, even with proper EQ and compression certain instruments are more dynamically powerful and seem to rise above the other instruments in the mix. Especially when considering vst's / digital instruments, some are just sonically more powerful. It really just boils down to an issue of Timbre. Its why they all sound different, and why some sound good and some sound bad.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

My question wasn't rhetorical, but I definitely wasn't expecting an answer
Old 8th September 2011
m127b
Quote:
z3ta
is basically THE synth that will go into history as THE first classic virtual. Period.

Pass it through a couple DBX 376 and BEHOLD.

The original designer is a true genius, RGC audio, a one man project that transformed the VST scope of real world applications and possibilities along with NI and the likes.

I have nothing but praise for this synth mainly because of the tech context in which it was originally created. Quite an accomplishment really. First SERIOUS synth ever. Thousands of excellent sounding patches around (like a true classic).

Not sure if RGC is still with Cakewalk.
Hope they don't give this synth a bad name with this second version.
Old 8th September 2011

Yeah, Z3ta is wicked. Can't mix with it? lol

Not a problem of the synth!
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunshui View Post
And what do you mean "steppiness?" Is this good for dubstep, because I want to be like dubstep.

At the risk of responding to a troll, I meant that the parameters don't change smoothly over their range, there are definite «zones», kind of like old romplers and velocity layers.

So it is kinda good for Dubstep, maybe not «Brutal Electro 2» Brostep.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Didn't try ver 2 yet, but I remember I always tried to use ver 1 and always ended replacing it with something else. It had some really metallic and plastic sound I never liked. Is the audio engine the same or they only updated gui and added few more modulation tricks?
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
what exactly do you mean by buggy?
Lots of bugs...on KVR there's a whole thread about it...but they are working on it...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by faun2500 View Post
Can't mix with it? lol

Not a problem of the synth!
Exactly what I thought.

I got it at release, I have played with it a bit, testing out new gear. Filters don't really seem to my taste, some of the presets are great though, I'm not really a preset sort of person either.

The waveshaping functions are a bit abstract.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by offki View Post
Exactly what I thought.

I got it at release, I have played with it a bit, testing out new gear. Filters don't really seem to my taste, some of the presets are great though, I'm not really a preset sort of person either.

The waveshaping functions are a bit abstract.

yeah they didnt need to make waveshaping that confusing
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

One of the many defentions of the word abstract

Quote:
having no reference to material objects or specific examples; not concrete
Quote:
to think of (a quality or concept) generally without reference to a specific example; regard theoretically
Old 2nd November 2011
Here for the gear

Zt3a Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey fellow producers....

Can someone help me with a question>?

When can i get a empty soundbank for zt3a 1? I'm having probs finding it as i would like to make my own sounds from scratch??

Thanks looads...

Dj Coralblue
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

ACE also cuts nicely thru the mix
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Don't like the sound of this synth at all. Thin, metallic, filters are not to my taste either.
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Finnaly got z3ta stand alone working on a mac zwith midi over lan and parallel(windows 7).
Paid around 300 dollar to get it working on a mac
I love the plastic sound, i know producers that uses allmost only z3ta in there tracks (allways with distortion added).

Question is z3ta 2 also stand alone?
Old 14th December 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel View Post
Question is z3ta 2 also stand alone?
Yep, it's stand alone as well. I bought the upgrade last night. Initial reactions:

1. I like the new interface. Makes more sense to me.
2. LOVE the new patch organizational feature - which is one of the reasons why I upgraded. You can now search by type of instrument (bass, lead, etc.). In the first version they were all mumbled together. I also like how they kept two banks - Z3Ta 1 original and Z3Ta 2 banks (I wish Sylenth would work on their present manager).
3. The new presets don't really shine. I still have to deeg deeper, but they have a new "roll the dice" button that brings up random presets, and whenever my ears perked up it was from the Z3Ta 1 preset bank.

Overall I'm glad I upgraded, as it's SO MUCH EASIER to find the sounds I want. The ease of use alone was worth the $49 for me.
Old 14th December 2011
Lives for gear

Bleh, hardly used it since, it's not bad, it just doesn't really feel right.

I'm sure many people will like it though, so ignore me anyway, as I'[m sure you would if you had any sense.

Isn't zeta1 free now anyway?
Old 15th December 2011
Gear Guru

I was a z3ta+ fan, but the giant list of bugs and no demo to download make this a giant fail.
Old 15th December 2011
great softsynth...they even gave away the first one free in CM a month or so ago

I own massive and sylenth too but damn its nice not to use them in a track for once lol
Old 15th December 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
the giant list of bugs.
Care to share? I was not aware of any, although given Roland had their hands in it since they bought it from RGC, I'm not surprised. I've been working on a dance track for the last 2 weeks, and I just can't seem to get the bass right. Went through Sylenth, Albino, Imposcar, Massive . . . and found it last night with Z3ta2. Bugs or not, I'll get some use out of it. Still curious as to the problems people are having . . .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search