The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midiclock sync issue fantom XR, Akai mpc Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Midiclock sync issue fantom XR, Akai mpc

I have a problem with the sync option of my fantom xr, syncing it to my mpc2000xl. I just bought some new srx cards with some loops and now they dont work because of the sync issue. My mpc is master sending midiclock and my fantom is slave. I can set the fantom to slave, but thats not the way to do it...so maybe somebody can help me out. the setup and settings are below. I think it should work like this but still no sync. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance...

Midi Cable setting
Akai mpc midi out B --->fantom xr midi in and
fantom xr midi out ---> mpc midi in B

System Settings fantom and Akai mpc2000
System USB: midi
Fantom xr midi tempo mode: slave
overide: on

MPC midi sync out: midiclock channels A and B
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have a Fantom X7 so I can't really test your settings but ...

it seems like on XR the USB should NOT be set to MIDI ...

Set it to storage or turn it off if you can ...

One of the things I've discovered about Fan-X is that the USB MIDI and regular MIDI can't both be on or used at the same time ...
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply. I see, So when using the editor (midi mode) on my pc i can't get a sync from midiclock...That's really annoying? maybe someone knows how I can use the editor and use midiclock at the same time...
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Much more likely to find sucess here ...

www.rolandlcan.com

There is a Fantom X/XR forum ...
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

I allready posted the same question there but it seems there are not many people there lately...So that's why I posted here. I think its not possible to use midiclock and the editor at the same time. So a work around is to make my fantom master in midi mode, using the same bpm. When I want to record a song switching to usb mode. Still thanks a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search