The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alan Wilder Emax samples and sample conversion... Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 17th March 2016
Lives for gear

Halo World,

BTW, KSP you are

I also bought this Depeche Mode inspired sample disc from Ebay.. It was like 15 bucks shipping from the UK.

It's this one :

I'm sure this will be a useful sample cd. I've been using Depeche samples(mostly on percussion) on my muzak. Depeche snares and percussion just plain rox. I like it Alan Wilder.

DEPECHE MODE Inspired - WAV format Sample CD.

Definitely this is not typical Sample CD. You can search on Google or eBay and you will not find anything similar :-)

Sources of creation for these sounds are very different - some of them were created by professional sound designers and DM lovers created using the same instruments and samplers as DM use in different periods - Roland System 100, System 700, ARP2600, Moogs, SCI Pro One, Serge and EMAX II samples.

Some of samples are result of incredible work - these are directly from some producers who worked with Depeche Mode in studio.....

Your impression could be incredible, - since you would have received original DM soundbanks on your desktop.

Samples are from different DM lifetime - from early 80s , thru 101 and Violator, and some of samples are even from latest Delta Machine inspirations.

Feat

•Featuring over 330MB of material including 12 Bass Loops, 10 Bass Sounds, 46 Drum Loops, 23 Bass Drums, 8 Claps, 9 HH, 23 Snare Drums, 8 Various Percussion, 24 Guitar Loops, 10 Ambient Textures, 57 Synth Loops, 26 Synth Sounds, 27 Inspirational Music Loops and FX – this collection is a must have not only for any DM lover and fan, but also for serious Electronic and modern producer looking for something with a different edge and quality.

•All samples are 44kHz/24 bit, perfectly looped, truncated and normalized
Old 21st April 2016
Lives for gear

Hello world,

My friend created 2 new Depeche Mode VST's vol 1 and 2 which are the Alan Wilder Emax sound banks now in VST or Au format.

Beat Machine Home Page (scroll down to the Alan Wilder vst).

http://beatmachine.co.uk/ALAN%20WILDER%201%20VSTi.pdf
Old 8th October 2016
Here for the gear

Converting EMAX II to E5000 Ultra

Hi all,

Has anyone (who has the original Alan Wilder Emax II banks) tried to convert these banks to the EIIIx format with EMXP and read them into an E5000 Ultra?

The E-MU E5000 Ultra doesn't seem to read Emax II banks right away (or if anyone knows a way to do that, I'd be grateful).

Convert the banks, copy to a floppy and... all the samples are just static.
If I extract the samples to wav, they all sound nice, but of course, I don't get the keymaps and zones....

Anyone, any idea?

Thanks.
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

I keep seeing this on the 'bay lately:
Alan Wilder Emax samples and sample conversion...Alan Wilder Depeche Mode E-MU Emax II Roland Fantom G S/X S-7x Juno-G XV-5080

From the description:
Quote:
These are the exact sounds which were programmed and used by Alan during DM’s ‘Devotional’ and ‘Music For The Masses’ tours. Each bank contains an array of sounds allocated across the keyboard for the live performances. In nearly all cases, the samples were sourced from the original multitrack recordings. You will also find sounds for song versions which were only ever performed live, plus songs which never actually made the final tour set list.

NOTE: The autographed ZIP disk depicts the original source. That's NOT what you're getting. These are not delivered on a ZIP disk.
Anyone know if this thing is worth it? I wouldn't mind screwing around with the sounds on my Fantom.
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

Sure sounds interesting...
Old 18th September 2017
Here for the gear

EIIIxp and EIIIxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreaux View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone (who has the original Alan Wilder Emax II banks) tried to convert these banks to the EIIIx format with EMXP and read them into an E5000 Ultra?

The E-MU E5000 Ultra doesn't seem to read Emax II banks right away (or if anyone knows a way to do that, I'd be grateful).

Convert the banks, copy to a floppy and... all the samples are just static.
If I extract the samples to wav, they all sound nice, but of course, I don't get the keymaps and zones....

Anyone, any idea?

Thanks.
I convereted to the EIII format if you still need it.
Old 18th September 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLittlePiggy View Post
Hi!

Oh yes!! I would need them desperately

Thanks!

Andreaux
Old 21st September 2017
Here for the gear

Emulator II

Please,

I have them on Emax II version, BUT I need them for my Emulator II.
Please, please, please, any help?!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Old 21st September 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricio cantoni View Post
Please,

I have them on Emax II version, BUT I need them for my Emulator II.
Please, please, please, any help?!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
What kind of input are you using for the EII? I have zip disk conversions to EII and EIII of the sample banks
Old 30th September 2017
Here for the gear

SO I have been trying to help people out getting the Alan Wilder (which I still have if you want them) samples so I was hoping maybe one of you might be able to help me now. My version of the AW samples disk did not come with black celebration and my master and servant bank is toast. Anybody have these?

Thanks
Old 30th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLittlePiggy View Post
I would very, very much like the EIII version if you are able to share.
Old 6th December 2017
Here for the gear

Please, I have the Emax II file, but I need the Emax I file! Any HELP?

Cheers!
Old 12th January 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by isham View Post
Resurrecting this thread ! Any chance to find the Eii sample format in their original state (using an emuser ...)
I have so far managed to convert 22 of Emax II banks back to .EII format, they sound fine and very much original

I believe Wilder never revealed his original Emulator and Emax banks, he probably have lost em, at least Emulator II he sold had no original banks on them but re-recorded banks created from Emax II banks

Quote:

Cheers!
http://www.emxp.net/
Old 12th March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:

Cheers!
So, would you mind sending them? I've been looking for the original Emax II samples for 6 months now. The soundfonts listed here when converted in EMP are all fubar on the keymapping when loaded into the Emax II.

Can't seem to find a working link literally anywhere of the original EMX files.

Also, sorry to necro the thread. Just the only place I've seen a concentration of people that have the files.
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cheers!
I have the EII files (EB2), can't be sold, only shared on friendly basis, if I understand copyright laws correctly
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have most of the AW samples although I am also missing Black Celebration and also Behind the wheel- if anyone has these that could let me have them pref in SF2 as my emu is packed away it would be much appreciated

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search