The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alan Wilder Emax samples and sample conversion... Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 10th January 2014
Here for the gear

Files

I have the dpm files,but need converting,cladley do a copy for some help

I bought AW emax with sound bank but only on CD-R copy
Old 16th February 2014
Here for the gear

Same for me, if someone can share them, I will be happy to play some DM songs on my keyboards :P
Old 14th March 2014
So, has anyone received the samplers from you guys asking them?
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Nut

I m highly interested and I m a big fan of Alan Wilder, I will be more than happy if someone can share the library with me.
Old 16th March 2014
Guys, if someone gets them from somewhere, please inform me.... I really need those samples...
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

I want them too!
Old 26th June 2015
Here for the gear

I'm surprised this thread went dead. Message me if you are looking for the samples. I converted the disk a long time ago and I doubt there are any watchdog watching for their distribution now.
Old 1st July 2015
Gear Addict

Are you sharing them or selling them ?
Old 19th July 2015
Lives for gear

Please can you check your pm?
Old 9th August 2015
Here for the gear
interested

hi!, im very interested in them too!, i,ve sampled from CD´s and youtubes videos some samples, but poor results!.
thanks ind advance!!
best regards
Old 22nd January 2016
Lives for gear

i just discovered this page full of michigan-sweden's reconstructions of depeche mode tracks using alan wilder's samples.

https://soundcloud.com/jonas-berg-6

is this one of you guys? great job!
mini
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSurfer View Post
Same for me, if someone can share them, I will be happy to play some DM songs on my keyboards :P
Old 1st February 2016
Here for the gear

please

Hi All, I too am looking to get these samples, i had paid someone for them but never received them back i 2012. So if anyone can share them I would be very grateful.

Thank You!!

PM me if you can
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller101 View Post
Hi All, I too am looking to get these samples, i had paid someone for them but never received them back i 2012. So if anyone can share them I would be very grateful.

Thank You!!

PM me if you can

I bought two Depeche Mode VSTi's from Beat Machine Home Page

They are 10 bucks each VST. I checked out all the sample banks and I'm very happy. The owner is very nice as well. The company claims to have gotten the samples from multi tracks(maybe from the EMAX sample disc that Alan sold). Now, it's in a VST instrument.

BASSES - Moog basses/Arp Basses used in their classic songs. I think they are fat enough. It has the Enjoy The Silence sample and if you play with the velocity, you get that nice effect that is familiar. I will use this bass in a song but you won't recognize it lol.

Percussion - this contains 1 shot samples of Metal hits, snare hits, noises, etc.

Synth sounds - they claimed to have gotten the samples from multi tracks. I like it because the VST has an envelope where you can play with the attack and release. One of the synths sounds I like is this sine wave bell sound off of Enjoy The Silence.. Very useful for me.

Pad String sounds - most of them are from the Jupiter synths..

I recommend these two Depeche Mode VST instruments if you are a Depeche fan like me. A little Depeche samples in my music is very cool.

BTW, they also have OMD VST as well. I now wish for a New Order and Pet Shop Boys VST sample player.
Old 4th February 2016
Here for the gear

Do they have any demos of what the vsts sound like?
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

OMD must be rolling in the royalties ... they are licensed, right?
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

<moderator message - be careful with potential copyright issues - samplepacks>

Also, I spoke to the developer of this VST and he informed me that there will be a Gary Numan VST coming up. Also, I did request for a Pet Shop Boys VST and New ORder VST.

Quote:
Do they have any demos of what the vsts sound like?

Last edited by Reptil; 5th February 2016 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: -
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

I'm getting this one as well later on.. It's the Alan Wilder Emax sound library 101/Devotional tour.

Alan Wilder Emax samples and sample conversion...http://www.ebay.com/itm/281923634575...rue&rmvSB=true

Last edited by Reptil; 5th February 2016 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: -
Old 4th February 2016
Here for the gear

The one on eBay are the ones I want too, if and when you get them let me know how I can split the cost with you or something.
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
The one on eBay are the ones I want too, if and when you get them let me know how I can split the cost with you or something.
Ok, will do Painkiller.

I just emailed the seller and he said, he has copies.

I am using the VST's for now and I like it. I think I would like the CD-Rom though so I can put it on my softsampler REDUX from RENOISE.

One thing I like about the Depeche samples are the snares are thick sounding . I like it

Why am I using DM samples? well, it's to compliment my two drum machines Novation Circuit and Roland TR8. I have a new song I'm producing and man, it's giving me that sound *wink.

I bought it specifically for the Depeche percussion, kicks snares, hh, fx.. I layer my 909 snare with this nice DM snare patch. Very nice.
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
I bought two Depeche Mode VSTi's from Beat Machine Home Page

They are 10 bucks each VST. I checked out all the sample banks and I'm very happy. The owner is very nice as well. The company claims to have gotten the samples from multi tracks(maybe from the EMAX sample disc that Alan sold). Now, it's in a VST instrument.

BASSES - Moog basses/Arp Basses used in their classic songs. I think they are fat enough. It has the Enjoy The Silence sample and if you play with the velocity, you get that nice effect that is familiar. I will use this bass in a song but you won't recognize it lol.

Percussion - this contains 1 shot samples of Metal hits, snare hits, noises, etc.

Synth sounds - they claimed to have gotten the samples from multi tracks. I like it because the VST has an envelope where you can play with the attack and release. One of the synths sounds I like is this sine wave bell sound off of Enjoy The Silence.. Very useful for me.

Pad String sounds - most of them are from the Jupiter synths..

I recommend these two Depeche Mode VST instruments if you are a Depeche fan like me. A little Depeche samples in my music is very cool.

BTW, they also have OMD VST as well. I now wish for a New Order and Pet Shop Boys VST sample player.
I had a listen to the yt demos and while
some of the sounds (especially the drums) sound excellent, some of the synth sounds are certainty not anywhere close to the original sounds.
For example the emulator "aaaaah" choir sounds or string sounds from ETS.
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm getting this one as well later on.. It's the Alan Wilder Emax sound library 101/Devotional tour.

Alan Wilder Emax samples and sample conversion...E MU EMAX ESI E4X Series A Wilder DM Sound Librairies Original Item | eBay
Funny because I have that disc as well.....so many 'original' ones on ebay
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
I had a listen to the yt demos and while
some of the sounds (especially the drums) sound excellent, some of the synth sounds are certainty not anywhere close to the original sounds.
For example the emulator "aaaaah" choir sounds or string sounds from ETS.

I understand.. maybe because these are dry and need some processing?

I am very curious about the CD-ROm the other seller is selling. I want those.
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Yep, I'm sure Depeche Mode, New Order, OMD and the pet shop boys are very curious about what they are selling as well.

Hooky will need to phone Barney to agree a split of the cash.
Old 5th February 2016
Here for the gear

Interesting on the VST 1 demo I am 99%sure they took those samples from the same source that i did when i made the rebirth mod years ago, in fact i still have those samples and they were not from multi track tapes, the second one is from the Enjoy the silence remix contest stems that were released around the time of the remix album. Its cool they put them into a vst though. I wonder what the OMD ones are like.
Old 6th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
CAP, you like the disc? Recommended?
Old 6th February 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
yeah me too I'm sure they're being copied and sold a few times over now.

Whether it's worth lots of money is hard to say. There's some really good stuff, but the content on the disk is not original EII or multitrack stuff from the studio etc.. It's Alan's interpretation of some of the synth parts sampled for the EMAX for use on tour. For some stuff it's one generation removed from the original sounds and sound great (some of the emulator stuff & other samples straight from the original source etc.. ), whereas other content is less of an accurate interpretation.

I've attached a few clips of Behind the Wheel mixes that might give an idea of quality of stuff on the disc.
- The first one uses lots of the EMAX & the acapella. It's basically samples from the EMAX together with a Mono/Poly and SH-101 synth lines.
- The second clip is part of a version that was recorded live.. it was improvised w/ the EMAX, a 909, a Juno6 and an SH-101.
Attached Files

btw_10_256.mp3 (8.44 MB, 2617 views)

btw-909_edit.mp3 (5.28 MB, 2480 views)

Old 6th March 2016
Here for the gear

Hey Mpresev did you ever get a chance to acquire those samples yet?

Quote:
Ok, will do Painkiller.

I just emailed the seller and he said, he has copies.

I am using the VST's for now and I like it. I think I would like the CD-Rom though so I can put it on my softsampler REDUX from RENOISE.

One thing I like about the Depeche samples are the snares are thick sounding . I like it

Why am I using DM samples? well, it's to compliment my two drum machines Novation Circuit and Roland TR8. I have a new song I'm producing and man, it's giving me that sound *wink.

I bought it specifically for the Depeche percussion, kicks snares, hh, fx.. I layer my 909 snare with this nice DM snare patch. Very nice.
Old 6th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
If i were Alan Wilder, i'd actually give those samples to someone that would convert them to .wav, place them online and offer a free download to everyone. After that i'd place a contest in a sense "let's see what you can do with them".

Best 7 tracks would get a release. Just from the sample copyright of that release, Alan would earn way more money than from selling these disks individually.

Plus we would get a chance to experience the "alternate reality" of a multiverse, where you have a DM samples arranged in a totally different way and performed by a different singer. Sort of: it is DM - it isn't. You're not sure what you're listening, though it sounds so familiar.
Reading this made me instantly a bit sad it didn't happen that way.
Old 7th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey Mpresev did you ever get a chance to acquire those samples yet?
hello Painkiller, I haven't bought it yet but I will sure let you know when I have it. I'm using Depeche samples(2 vst's from beatmachine uk) on my new track. The snares, hh, zaps, metal hits are the best(Very thick sounding) . I like it. But I do want that Alan Wilder emax samples in my computer. I was going to buy it but it was 90 dollars(imported from France). I heard I can get it much much cheaper?

Anyone wants to sell it to us? I will paypal

BTW,

Last edited by mpresev; 10th March 2016 at 02:12 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search