The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just bought a Launchpad, Mixer Question... Control Surfaces
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just bought a Launchpad, Mixer Question...

Alright, I bought a Launchpad during Guitar Centers Labor Day sales event, one of my better moments indeed.

Love this thing, even though I've only had it for two days. However, it feels like I've had it atleast a year, as I've been researching it, the Ohm, and the APC40/20 for what seems like forever. It's really great to make a purchase and really know what you're getting...ANYWAY, I'M RAMBLING

TL;DR In mixer mode on the volume page, using the 8x8 grid for volume is ridiculous, the incremental steps are entirely too large. My question is, can I make the volume grid larger? As In, long enough where I can get a small enough incremental change between each pad that I can fine tune the volume of each track? I assume this would work via using the down button to access the lower regions that go past the 8x8 grids layout. Similar to the way session view is treated.

If that doesn't work...could I just buy another launchpad and have the volume page be 2 launchpads long?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

No way to do that afaik, at least not with the standard options. Maybe there is some 3rd party script that allows this, but haven't seen one yet - my "solution" was simply to move to the APC40.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ah yes, however, I already have faders and knobs, I simply want to use the Launchpad because it looks much cooler, PFFT, DUH.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Bump?
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

I'd really like some more opinions on this. All mods, clever work-arounds, and suggestions appreciated.
Old 13th October 2011
Here for the gear

i'm planning on using the launchpad with nanokontrol.
Old 13th October 2011
m.o
Lives for gear

I have seem some more or less practical tips for getting more precise control with the launchpad.

One of 'DSP projects' videos show something like that - however this is not with the 'native' mixer, might get some ideas there though.
I also imagine with some ableton MAX4live programming something can be done.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search