The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ROLAND countdown (Sept. 15th-2011) ! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

I'd actually be really interested in a new workstation from Roland. I haven't really kept up to date with their synths in recent years and the only synths I own from them right now are a JV2080 and a VP9000 (If you call that a synth). I opted against the Kronos because I already own Triton, Trinty Pro, Radias, MS2000, CX3, Z1, X5D, Wavestation EX however Roland might peak my interest if they introduce a nice 88 key board with interesting sounds!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Maybe something to compete with the korg monotribe?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

TR-1

The resurrection of the TR and the best analog drum machine ever made!

To go along with that Jupiter something er other...
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

September 15th rolls by...

Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

How dare you guys not get excited about new colors to their existing guitar gear, plus the repackaging of a couple of guitar and bass pedals, a new V-banjo and another version of their ROMpler Junos? :angryasallhell:

It's very likely that's all we'll see
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'd be quite surprised if someone, somewhere in the Roland campus isn't watching with a beedy eye, the development and interest in Korgs Monotron/tribe line.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Jupiter 88 with 88 Key Piano action on its way

No Jupiter 60 sorry

Also something in the groove / beat box area methinks...

Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

If Roland has a new groovebox in the pipeline, then suddenly I'm very excited...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

I hear it's an analog groovebox, featuring 24 VCO's (12x2) with sawtooth, sine, triangle and square (pw) waveforms, IR3109 filter chips (with the filter featuring LPF,HPF and BPF), spring reverb, BBD chorus, knobs for every function...

....and that's when i woke up
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Marimba Trill Machine 5000 with DBeam
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

and suddenly 9/15 became more important than 9/11...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

When and what was the last "great" innovative Roland product that people loved?

Seriously.

D50? Maybe? (Surely we can't count the repackaged wharehouse of technology we call the "V-Synth" ... and I own one, btw)

-a
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

cool! hopefully they've listened to feedback this time...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi61 View Post
It may sound lame to an electronic musician, but that actually would be a hit, if Roland did it right: lightweight, a good approximation of a harpsichord keyboard, a system of speakers that would approximate the sound of a harpsichord on stage and, last but not least, a reasonable price (less than $2,000?)

There are countless students of baroque ensemble around the world who don't have access to a real harpsichord. I think they'd be thrilled to use a virtual cembalo in place of a piano, especially one that can be easily transported.
Meet the C-30 Digital Harpsichord :: Roland Classic :: Roland

Roland C-80-AK Digital Harpsichord :: Overview

Frank
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear
Excellent, so the people at Roland aren't as dumb as someone here thinks they are. Now, I checked the price for the C-30 (apparently the other model is OOP) and it's about $5,000!! Now, I realize it's a small market we're dealing with, but people with money will buy a real harpsichord (you can get a used one for $6,000~8,000, not to mention you can get a spinet for about $3,000~4,000) while penniless students can hardly afford to spend $5,000.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi61 View Post
Excellent, so the people at Roland aren't as dumb as someone here thinks they are. Now, I checked the price for the C-30 (apparently the other model is OOP) and it's about $5,000!! Now, I realize it's a small market we're dealing with, but people with money will buy a real harpsichord (you can get a used one for $6,000~8,000, not to mention you can get a spinet for about $3,000~4,000) while penniless students can hardly afford to spend $5,000.
I agree that it's a bit on the pricey side. It would be cool if they could spin that technology down to "lesser" models - much like they did with the V-drum tech, and the V-accordion tech as well.

I know it's out of the student's price range, I just posted it to show that there's more going on at Roland then meets the eye - it's just, as you said, more niche "small market" stuff, though.

I did like the idea of the changeable stained glass on the harpsichord!

Regards,
Frank
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Roland TR-8080 with dedicated gamelan button.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
Roland TR-8080 with dedicated gamelan button.
Not far off, it's a TR-8080 with SuperNATURAL technology!! heh

Peter.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post

What i'd like Roland to do is to make a knobby synth which has some good VA elements (oscs and filters), and some really deep synth features.. kindof like Alchemy in a box, but umm.. better!
Its called the V-Synth
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
If Roland has a new groovebox in the pipeline, then suddenly I'm very excited...
What i would LOVE to see is the V-Synth tech put into something like the MC-909. The V-Synth is just begging for a "groovebox" style interface.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I hope its a hybrid analog/digital drum machine/groovebox

We can dream cant we
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I hope it's a COMPANION STAND for the JUPITER-80 that incorporates BEHAVIOR MODELING to intelligently adjust its height, THICKNESS, and color based on the gender, experience, and cognitive age of the player using TWIN KNEE BEAMS and proprietary code based on cutting edge, mildly controversial FACEBOOK "FACE" RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hmmm I gues it will be something for the ipad
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Its called the V-Synth
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

USB D-Beam.

Because the president of Roland had an account here once, got banned, and made it his life's mission to rain his enduring hatred down upon you all.

The new TR-808+ is going to be a softsynth that only runs on Windows Mobile.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Guru

Guys. It's called Stockholm syndrome.

Look it up, and don't burden yourselves with anxiety any more.
Old 13th September 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Guys. It's called Stockholm syndrome.
Yes, that is what they call it here in Stockholm

I'm a little surprised Roland has not jumped on the software instrument train yet (except some minor stuff). Could it be time for that now?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen-da-sizer View Post
Who wants a totally new synthesizer? We want totally old(tech) synthesizers! heh
I would love a "new" Synthex. That would be so cool. Not any virtual BS either. Real oscillators.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I agree that it's a bit on the pricey side. It would be cool if they could spin that technology down to "lesser" models - much like they did with the V-drum tech, and the V-accordion tech as well.

I know it's out of the student's price range, I just posted it to show that there's more going on at Roland then meets the eye - it's just, as you said, more niche "small market" stuff, though.

I did like the idea of the changeable stained glass on the harpsichord!

Regards,
Frank
Maybe they could target it to a bigger target market like "hipsters."

Hey Frank

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search